Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom a bit slow tonight?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Its ok for me now here in Dublin 3.

FFS though, only in Ireland would something like this happen.

Utterly pathetic.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

i was having trouble with it recently....seems ok now though...in Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Was terrible earlier in D6, but I went out and now that I'm back it's much better - back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Shanegggg

Just out of interest whats the difference between the old and new eircom dns's?

Using 159.134.237.6 at the moment and it did the trick earlier. Surely this one will be better if everyone is using the main eircom dns?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 stevieg76

im going to go with perlico for a while im sick of eircom and not being able to access my email which we have to pay for in advance !!! heard good things about perlico , anyone know anything ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭Ziggurat

Seems to be okay now (I'm in Meath). Be sure to flush your DNS cache to be sure.

For those that don't know, open a command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd then hit return for XP, Start -> cmd in the "Start Search" bar and hit return for Vista) and type "ipconfig /flushdns" minus the quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭davork

We're seeing problems connecting to customers who use eircom for their internal networks - so it's not just the DSL network that's hosed

over 12 hours so far since the problem reared it's head...

When and if we get an excuse, I'll post it on.. I suspect their core routing infrastructure melted (or went shopping in newry)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

stevieg76 wrote: »
    heard good things about perlico
    You are kidding, aren't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭Enright

thank god! i thought my connection was screwed, or the router because the DNS light was on.

Its back since late last night here in wet and cold limerick

dont suppose that anyone know if eircom plan to increase speeds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yep last night wasn't the best time to replace my router with a new one. There was lots of head scratching before I found this thread. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lumengrid

stevieg76 wrote: »
    im going to go with perlico for a while im sick of eircom and not being able to access my email which we have to pay for in advance !!! heard good things about perlico , anyone know anything ?

Last time I head that Eircom e-mail is free!!!:D Howcome you have to pay for it?????:eek:

Advertisement