Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cheap travel to europe, need help !!!

• 22-01-2009 10:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

does anyone have any advice on where is good destination for cheap youth group traveling in europe? we're talking camping and hostels? please get back to me, i really need help

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

cdenning wrote: »
    does anyone have any advice on where is good destination for cheap youth group traveling in europe? we're talking camping and hostels? please get back to me, i really need help

ta.

Berlin is quite cheap and is a great city. You can get a hostel/rent an apartment for around 20 euro a night. Food and drink is cheap compared to dublin.

Prague was also very cheap when I was there but I hear its gotten more touristy and the prices have gone up...Id say its still 100% cheaper than Dublin though.

Ive heard really good things about Lisburn also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cdenning

thanks so much. been looking into berlin but didn't find much to do, see we're doing a kind of 'here to there and lets just see where it goes' kinda trip, was looking into barcelona but can't find any amusement parks or festivals or the likes.

thanks so much. been looking into berlin but didn't find much to do, see we're doing a kind of 'here to there and lets just see where it goes' kinda trip, was looking into barcelona but can't find any amusement parks or festivals or the likes.

How old are yea all ? Berlin has great restaurants, bars and clubs. The bars and clubs in particular are amazing. They all stay open really late. During the summer, some stay open almost 24 hours!

Berlin is also generally quite hot during the summer and has some nice parks. I like it so much because it can be very relaxed and un-stressful (i.e you can sit around in quiet cafes) but if you want to party you can do that too.

Beers and spirits are really cheap in off licenses. There are plenty of museums...I could go on.

If youre looking for music festivals/amusement parks why not combine the two ? Lowlands festival is on in Holland in August. You can buy a 3 day camping ticket for around 140 euro + you get access to an adjacent amusement park called Wallaby World. It had about 4 or 5 roller coasters and is definitely worth the extra 20 odd quid on top of the festival ticket. In regards to the music festival, its really well run. It has its own tv station, daily news paper and currency. Each camp site has its own shop, toilets and showers.

You could spend a few days in Amsterdam, or if that is too expensive, Rotterdam.

http://www.lowlands.nl/content.php?page=english_intro

http://walibi.nl/
    A CAMPINGFLIGHT TO LOWLANDS PARADISE 2009

LOWLANDS 2009 WILL TAKE PLACE 21 + 22 + 23 AUGUST

Listening to the hottest bands while enjoying an even spicier Indian curry? Receiving a much-needed brain massage after still not understanding the plot to that great movie you just saw? Having your hairy fashion statement trimmed while knowing you're about to dance the night away?

This, and a lot more, is A Campingflight To Lowlands Paradise 2008: a three-day, progressive outdoor festival that focuses on alternative music, but offers much more than just that, with a complete programme of stand-up comedy, film, visual arts, literature and (street) theatre. For three days in August, a city rises in the middle of Holland: a township with 55,000 inhabitants, several hundred performances, many bars and global restaurants, a market, hippie hangouts, campsites with showers, radio broadcast, a daily newspaper, and a unique currency. It's all there, divided over three areas and eight stages. In short: Glasto meets Goa!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cdenning

17/18

that would be animal but we gotta go in june...so that kills that buzz. i'll look more into berlin and amsterdam. just found some good stuff in barcelona, might start there and make our way towards berlin and the likes.

thanks a million by the way

17/18

that would be animal but we gotta go in june...so that kills that buzz. i'll look more into berlin and amsterdam. just found some good stuff in barcelona, might start there and make our way towards berlin and the likes.

thanks a million by the way

No worries. Ive never heard a bad word said about Barcelona. Amsterdam is great too but be wary, its very expensive. You may be better off going to one of the cities just outside Amsterdam. Same smoking laws etc but less touristy so are cheaper.

• Advertisement
Advertisement