Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My first AMV ^_^

Options
  • 22-01-2009 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I know how much you guys adore amateurish AMVs, so thought I'd share mine for the craic:P
    DO NOT WATCH IT IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ELFEN LIED!!! HERE BE SPOILERS!

Any criticism is more than welcome...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭triv88

I'm only started the boxset so i won't watch yet

Nyu!! Nyu! NYUUU!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Nice work, great choice of music.

Never heard this version though, is it from a live album?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Thanks Varkov
    It's from a fairly rare 4 track EP called the Harmonium Sessions

It features reworked versions of Sugar, last one standing, international dateline and this one obviously...
    Well worth getting if you're a fan of Ladytron

Enjoy the show triv88, easily one of my favourite series. I'm tempted to start watching it for the third time after making this:p

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Butterscotch

A good amv, I enjoyed it. Elfin Lied is one of my favourite animes. I really liked the song as it really suited the anime.

Since you asked for criticism I will give you some feedback. I noticed the timing and editing was off at times as the scene flashed too quick to another, like you may of edited a scene. What I am trying to say is beaware of the timing and editing of the piece, make sure the scene flows well with the music. Also a tip is to maybe leave out the subtitles, amvs look a lot better without them imo. I also felt you could of done a lot more with it, as maybe just focused on Lucy, made the amv into a character piece and with the very end of the amv it was blank. However, I did like the way it was blank in the end then Lucy appears with a smile. I thought that was original.

I really liked the amv and that song was a great choice being dark. If you are just doing amvs for enjoyment and the laugh I wouldn't really worry about the stuff I said, just do whatever you are happy with but if you ever want to enter an amv competition there are the kinda things they look at while judging. I noticed it's your first amv twas a great attempt.:)

Thanks Butterscotch, all taken on board.:)
    If you check the more info section of the youtube page you'll see that I was already aware of most of your comments, but never really found the time to iron out some of the issues and make a newer version...
    The frames appearing is bloody annoying, the video previews perfectly in vegas, but as soon as I export it they become apparant... It makes getting rid of them quite troublesome

No intention of entering a competition or anything like that, it was just a fun sounding project that popped into my head when I first heard the song...

• Advertisement

Alright. Well it was a good amv, I guess they can be troublesome. Funny enough I never made an amv before but like to try to. I hope you will do more.

Is the song used in the amv originally a Cure song? I know I heard it before but can't remember who sang it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭Varkov

Here's the origional version they recorded.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOExDknuYM

Yep, original is on Ladytron's fantastic album "witching hour"
    The version I used is from their harmonium sessions ep (well worth checking out as well if you're a fan)

Thanks. I remember seeing the video on Mtv awhile ago. I am going to look up that band they sound quite good.

Advertisement