Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadband Viewmount

• 22-01-2009 10:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Anyone having problems with eircom broadband in viewmount area
    seem to be jumping a lot

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

define jumping?
    you lossing sync...disconnections?
    pings all over the shop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

I'm having a few minor but irritating problems such as trying to check my emails and not connecting the first time and having problems with eircom.net homepage.

I'm not technically minded, far from it but I think my settings may be incorrect or something. I'm meant to have wireless broadband but if I'm online and use my landline my broadband gets disconnected. I used to be able to use my phone and internet together but haven't been able to for ages. It's also slower that it used to be.

I'm in Viewmount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 ray1

Connection is there
    Pages slow loading
    Downloading a no no
    Could be just traffic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

in hillview meself and some pages wont load for me. Downloading is going grand. Gran torino should be down later on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

other then thursday when outlook express wouldnt connect to the mail servers ive had nps either with pages loading or downloading, curious though i tried e-mail anywhere just in case it was outlook messing up and that wouldnt connect either but all was ok following day

in viewmount as well

Shin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Eircom have been having big problems over the past week, first some of their backhaul got messed up, and their DNS servers were messed up too. It may have something to do with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Advertisement