Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Resi 5 demo...Leaked

• 22-01-2009 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Nedved85

The resident evil 5 dem has been leaked on the net,

Has anyone acquired it?;) (Not sure if im allowed suggest such things..)

If so does it work online etc... with no repremands from Microsoft?:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Yes it can be used. If you sign into live though you are fecked. I was offered it last week from a mate and decided to pass seen as he said, whatever you do, dont play it while signed in. So I just left it be, that and its in japanese. The guys on inside xbox were saying it shouldnt be too much longer though for an offical release.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 RobH

I'm hearing early Feb for the 360 demo, mid Feb for the PS3 demo, and a mid March release. Fight the urge! I'm waiting for the full game, I don't want anything ruined by playing a level halfway in or anything.

2 Levels worth of a demo according to inside xbox, multiplayer to. Might wet your whistle when it does land :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Why can't they just go back to the mansion, I don't like the look of it, all day time, and they don't even look like zombies. I wasn't mad on resi 4 either, it was good, but the original 2 were best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭NunianVonFuch

It signs you out of xbox live when you play it automatically so I wouldn't worry about that. Played it there in December, well worth the download. Besides it's such a random action battle that you're bound to see loads more. It felt exactly the same as 4 just in HD and with co-op. So win-win I guess.

For fans of the series I'd say it's what Resident Evil 3 was to 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The demo is out in 3 days, just wait out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 282 ✭✭jv2000

It signs you out of xbox live when you play it automatically so I wouldn't worry about that. Played it there in December, well worth the download. Besides it's such a random action battle that you're bound to see loads more. It felt exactly the same as 4 just in HD and with co-op. So win-win I guess.

For fans of the series I'd say it's what Resident Evil 3 was to 2.

It plays a little like gears of war as well. I don't think there is an issue with playing it whilst signed in. Have played the co-op with a lot of americans and I still had my account last time I looked. It is just a demo so there's nothing wrong with having it.

And yes all of the americans are surprised we have Xboxes in Ireland.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Julez wrote: »
    Why can't they just go back to the mansion, I don't like the look of it, all day time, and they don't even look like zombies. I wasn't mad on resi 4 either, it was good, but the original 2 were best.
    Resident Evil 4 was the best thing to happen to the Resi series in a long time. We cant go back to the mansion anyway, as i'm pretty sure its been nuked to ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Kiith wrote: »
    Resident Evil 4 was the best thing to happen to the Resi series in a long time. We cant go back to the mansion anyway, as i'm pretty sure its been nuked to ****.

It got
    blown up
    at the end of the first game, then the whole city got
    nuked
    in 3, so a return to the mansion seems unlikely. However, there's likely to be a mansion of some sort in 5, since there's usually one (or some sort of creepy house) in RE games!

Yeah, I don't mean the exact mansion, just more like that style, resi 4 just seemed more about collecting weapons and general collectables and less about strategy and scaring the bejeebus outta you, I dunno, maybe thats just me. I think dark mansions are way creepier than a desert in the day time. I could be just an old timer tho. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I played it for a while online back in December, they locked it after bout a week or two of playing it, so I just sign out if I want to do local co-op on it, fyi its not in japanese OP, dunno what gave you that idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Fieldog wrote: »
    I played it for a while online back in December, they locked it after bout a week or two of playing it, so I just sign out if I want to do local co-op on it, fyi its not in japanese OP, dunno what gave you that idea!

I think this is the updated demo, the one thats coming out in monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Swizz

Cant wait to play the demo, I dont think ive played any REs yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's up now. For now you have to go through the site and queue it, but the store'll probably update soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭mika27

Got it through the store there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 768 ✭✭✭murfie

Wasnt to impressed by the trailer, but because I really enjoyed 4 I am looking ofrward to this demo.
    The trailer didnt seem to have the dark, zombie in the shadows feel the makes the resident evil series great. maybe it will have that though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Never played any Resident Evil games so very curious about this one. There's certainly hype. It'd say my next purchase will be this game or FEAR 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

silvine wrote: »
    Never played any Resident Evil games

:eek:

How did that happen?

murfie wrote: »
    The trailer didnt seem to have the dark, zombie in the shadows feel the makes the resident evil series great. maybe it will have that though

My thoughts exactly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

leaked last year

it was hugely disappointing imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭beardo81

Never played RE myself either til last nite! :eek:
    Are the controls meant to so sluggish and laboured? Makes combat very slow and confusing imo :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

beardo81 wrote: »
    Never played RE myself either til last nite! :eek:
    Are the controls meant to so sluggish and laboured? Makes combat very slow and confusing imo :(

Also, I had read somewhere that the ability to shoot and move had been added to this one. Has that changed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, so if someone wants to read through a mini-rant here it comes.

There's a lot to love about Resident Evil as a series. I loved managing my inventory, making sure I had at least 6 flame/acid rounds for the grenade launcher or a good stock of shotgun shells if I got into a tough situation. I loved having full complement of weaponry. I loved the puzzle solving aspect. I loved the outlandish plots and the characters.

Now I fear that Resident Evil 5 is trying to borrow too much from Gears of War 2. You're limited in your weaponry choice, there doesn't seem to be any decent inventory (could be different in the game itself), you have a co-op partner for everything we've seen so far. Also, the more games they release in the series the more diluted the story becomes, the Resident Evil plot ain't what it used to be.

My problem with this is Gears 2 is vastly superior to the Resident Evil demo in my eyes. I don't want a Resident Evil that's trying to be Gears 2. I want a Resident Evil that's trying to be Resident Evil 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Never played Resident Evil as the last console I used to play on regularly was a SNES! Still have to download the demo but it looks like another FPS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

It could be my rabid fanboyness talking, but I love the demo! Between the Japanese one and the local one, I've played through it several times. The demo highlights two exciting shootouts, it seems likely that there'll be more puzzle solving fun in the full game. The average Halo or Gears fan isn't too interested in solving puzzles, the new generation of gamers (the annoying voices in Live matches) have short attention spans and require Michael Bay style demos to convince them to play.

Burning Eclipse's comment about the inventory is certainly valid. It made me think, but it's not as different as it might seem. In Zero, there was a similar system where the characters shared items. The system in 5 appears to be a mixture of the systems in Zero and 4, where inventory space was less of an issue. It'd be better if the player could control the amount of ammo they handed to the partner character though, most of us don't want to hand over 30 handgun rounds at a time.

This seems to be a talking point elsewhere, but it'll become to Gears-esque if they add the ability to run and gun. Stop, Aim, Shoot. It's the Resident Evil way!

• I'm a huge Resident Evil fan, so if someone wants to read through a mini-rant here it comes.

There's a lot to love about Resident Evil as a series. I loved managing my inventory, making sure I had at least 6 flame/acid rounds for the grenade launcher or a good stock of shotgun shells if I got into a tough situation. I loved having full complement of weaponry. I loved the puzzle solving aspect. I loved the outlandish plots and the characters.

Now I fear that Resident Evil 5 is trying to borrow too much from Gears of War 2. You're limited in your weaponry choice, there doesn't seem to be any decent inventory (could be different in the game itself), you have a co-op partner for everything we've seen so far. Also, the more games they release in the series the more diluted the story becomes, the Resident Evil plot ain't what it used to be.

My problem with this is Gears 2 is vastly superior to the Resident Evil demo in my eyes. I don't want a Resident Evil that's trying to be Gears 2. I want a Resident Evil that's trying to be Resident Evil 5.

Played it last night, Thought it was graphically amazing, animations are so smooth. Very intense gameplay in those two sections, i had no problems with controls just took a while to get used to the swapping of invertory/sharing. On the points, you made..Gears 2?? Wasn't that all about a cover system? There is no cover system in Res 5. Oh and the inventory, They specifically said they are making it more like res evil 1 - 3. Resident evil 1 only had 6 slots in its inventory, You have 18 in this one if you include Sheva. However, i do agree with ya on the inventory style i hope its more complex come release, and also your right by saying the plot is sucky...It's all over the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

for me the one thing that killed this game was when you shoot a "zombie" fella they fall to the ground and then turn into bubbles i dont know if they changed that but it really put me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

A game runs better (framerate wise) when corpses aren't piled up the walls.

Is the demo on the market place????? You would think with about 18 hours worth of gaming over the last two days I would have noticed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

koneko wrote: »
    A game runs better (framerate wise) when corpses aren't piled up the walls.

I thought since it can handle them when they are alive and walking around trying to kill you it should have no problem handling it when they are laying still on the ground.

Advertisement