Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

minimum hours

Options
  • 22-01-2009 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭

Is there any law regarding minimum hours of work. i get paid by the hour, but due to recession:P my hours have been reduced, the last two i think i'd probably make more on the dole. can i demand a minium hourly week? nothing in contract in regards in hours.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

unless stated in your contract that your employers are obliged to give you x amount of hours then they can give you what hours they want.

If you have been cut back to only 3 days of the week you might be entitled to social welfare assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭wex96

can i force my employer to put me on a 3 day week he has been reluctant in the past

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

wex96 wrote: »
    can i force my employer to put me on a 3 day week he has been reluctant in the past

no

Advertisement