Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

diving in egypt

• 23-01-2009 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

hi,
    looking into diving hol for easter. anybody have feedback please? i have my PADI so would be happy with an advanced course or even some indivi dives. my travel buddy wants to do her padi.
    we ve heard about a place called dahbad(spelling?)

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Think you mean Dahab
    If Padi is what you want try here
    http://www.padi.com/scuba/locate-a-padi-dive-shop/default.aspx
    And type in dahab

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

I think the place you are talking about is Dahab.
    Best option if you are new to diving is to go to Sharm ek Sheikh ( spelling).
    Last time i checked Budget travel organised flights and hotels flying from Dublin. http://search.budgettravel.ie/budgettravel/index.jsp
    We stayed in the Tropitel Naama bay when we were there, its in the middle of town and of a good standard.
    Theres plenty of shops, nightlife and beaches.
    You can arrange diving when you get there. Best choices for diving are "Camel Diving" or "emperor"
    Dahab can be arranged as a day trip or an overnight trip

Denis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

Wexpat if its pure diving and nothing else then dahab is the place for a real chill out but little or no night life and very little booze. sharm would have more nightlife and booze but also has a lot more guys leering etc. Also the blue hole about 6 miles from dahab is a must go to area but dive careful. It would be a bit of a trek from Sharm imho but very easy from Dahab. dahab is about 1 hour- 1hour 15 from Sharm if memory serves.

Advertisement