Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New headphones

• 23-01-2009 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

Hey,

Looking to invest in some new headphones, sorry if I'm repeating old threads;

Something along the lines of

these
    http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs/...uctId=11038999

these
    http://www.djdeals.com/pioneerHDJ1000.htm

or Skullcandys.

I've only been doing it for a few months but would be looking to get a pair that would last a good while - my last phillips pair crumbled after a couple of months. Any suggestions? i would rather stay under €100 if possible so does anyone know of reputable sites? www.djdeals.com looks good at the min.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭cabla

Don't go near SkullCandy. I got some Seinnheiser HD 25s. Very very good. There are more a studio headphone but so clear and a load of Djs are using them now. I got them from www.decks.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

+1 for Sennheiser HD 25s or any decent Sennheiser pair,the will last a life time and spare parts are readily available for them.if you plan to eventually play out then Sennheiser are your only bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tossy wrote: »
    +1 for Sennheiser HD 25s or any decent Sennheiser pair,the will last a life time and spare parts are readily available for them.if you plan to eventually play out then Sennheiser are your only bet.

Not exactly cheap though, for example a replacement (twisted) cable for my HD25s would be £50 on thomann.de:eek:
    Depends if you want an open or closed cup really... HD25s are the best open cups, but some people prefer cans that go over your ears instead of resting on them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I have the Sony MDRv700's and I cant complain. Heard the Sennheiser 25's are excellent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭0neo8

i have technics 1210 headphones.again expensive.they were worth it and i definitely got my moneys worth.the newer version is the same great quality except they have larger ear cups.ideal for big ears like mine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Thanks a million for all the quick responses! I was stuck between the sennheisers and sony's in the end. The Sennheisers seemed to get amazing reviews on sound quality and look like the new favourite. The main thing that got me was that they don't fold in - a lot of people were saying that despite the fact that the parts are replacable they're not the sturdiest and as the previous poster said the replacement parts are pricey - and the fact that I found the Sonys for (seems to be) cheap €75 on Amazon so I opted for the ol' reliables.

Cheers again for the advice :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

whoops! those sony's will eventually crack at the place where they swivel, just above the hinge where they fold in. probably in about 9 months time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

whoops! those sony's will eventually crack at the place where they swivel, just above the hinge where they fold in. probably in about 9 months time.

That fault has been addressed apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

I got years outta mine

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Tricked

Yeah I've heard that they tend to crack there but I've talked to a good few people who have had no problems. Sounds like you'll be fine if you're not throwing them around the place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

tman wrote: »
    Not exactly cheap though, for example a replacement (twisted) cable for my HD25s would be £50 on thomann.de:eek:
    Depends if you want an open or closed cup really... HD25s are the best open cups, but some people prefer cans that go over your ears instead of resting on them

HD270's are probably the nearest to the HD25s for fully circumaural headphones; they're significantly cheaper though so I'm not sure if they are as good quality - I can't tell the difference though. They're made in Ireland vs. Germany for the higher end ones...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i have heard of this alright but ive had a pair for years.i can only imagine how rough people would have to be with them in order for them to break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Have the Seinnheisers and a pair of HDJ 1000's. Both excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

my old pair of did, but i have my recent pair 4 years and no probs

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bmizzle

The sony's defo crack on the swivel, I've gone through aleast 3-4 pairs. If your a hip hop dj, you'll go through them alot faster i.e. the headphones are constantly going on and off your ears if your scratching and doing tricks and hip hop tracks are shorter, so you play more tracks than house, so more on and off. The sony mdr - v700dj are alot heavy than must bother brands. They do have good sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

once again it completly depends on the style you play and if its at home or at a club, im using HD25's that i bought off www.thomann.de which i found to be the best value.
    From the headphones iv personally used i can do nothing but recommend the HD25's, they are by far the best in quality and clarity iv used in the bedroom and club environment:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 macho_man

I bought a pair of HD25s from that cash converters place up from the henry street market. €60 and they are excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,592 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Didn't know we had Cash Convertors down here; I've found the Belfast one a great place to get DJ gear - clearly DJs or aspiring DJs hit hard times far more often than the average person as the Belfast one usually has a full range of both CD and vinyl decks and mixers!

Like the way they pretend not to be a pawnbroker, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭RaverRo808

Seinheiser HD25,got them little while ago,swear by them,amazing sound quality,I even use seinheiser on the way to work,pricey but well worth the extra few bob,and that cash converter place is a godsend to town

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

macho_man wrote: »
    I bought a pair of HD25s from that cash converters place up from the henry street market. €60 and they are excellent.

had a look at lunch and they hadn't got much there. not very helpful when I asked about Dj stuff but will have a look again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭W1llz0rz

Numark PHX - got myself a pair, only €40 and could easily compete with the pro stuff I've used, look them up, you won't find a bad review!

Advertisement