Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N95 - To buy or not to buy??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Wait for the n97?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Is there any application on the N95 that can put a shuffle play for the music stored on it or maybe there is something there already that I just cannot see ?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

DonFred wrote: »
    Can now get the N95 8gb for 129euros. Is this good value considering its being around for nearly 2 years now? Still think its a deadly phone, nothing can compare to it (phones in Irish shops)
    davton wrote: »
    Yes its good value, think €99 is the cheapest at the mo. Its still one of the best phones available, and the 8gb isnt 2 years yet, i dont think its even 18 months

These are obviously contract prices, right?
    From 49euro in 02 I'm sure......Although I think that cost 100euro per month:eek:
    I am looking on Ebay ATM for one of the 8gig ones. Will it work no probs if it comes from England? Trying to make use of a weak sterling and have wanted one of these for ages now. Any advice appreciated, pre thanks;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Be very careful on eBay - there's an amount of fake Chinese "mini N95" knock-offs.
    Make sure you check specs, feedback etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭byrner88

a friend of mine got his off adverts.ie and has no problems .i have it myself too and think its a great phone and beats the iphone by a mile other than no touch screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Is there any application on the N95 that can put a shuffle play for the music stored on it or maybe there is something there already that I just cannot see ?

Yes, its already there. It has a shuffle play mode, rather than a list shuffle.

When playing songs, press 'options'; second on the list 'shuffle' then select 'yes' or 'no' :)
    long_b wrote: »
    Be very careful on eBay - there's an amount of fake Chinese "mini N95" knock-offs.
    Make sure you check specs, feedback etc..

Very true, a lot of them even have touch screen :pac:
    sparkzter wrote: »
    These are obviously contract prices, right?
    From 49euro in 02 I'm sure......Although I think that cost 100euro per month:eek:
    I am looking on Ebay ATM for one of the 8gig ones. Will it work no probs if it comes from England? Trying to make use of a weak sterling and have wanted one of these for ages now. Any advice appreciated, pre thanks;)

It will work fine once its network unlocked. Those prices are on bill. Pay as you go here are around the €300-€400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

Finally got my new N95 8gb today and its so cool!! Whats the first thing I need to do? Do I update the firmeare or just leave it for the moment? Already installed cabbage, google maps

Do the firmware, before you get everything setup, then once its done no hassle with backups, restores etc

Try some apps on it, plenty to choose from

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

Have being offered the Nokia N95 for 80 euros. Its the 1Gb version which is about 12 months old.

Do people think this is Value for money ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

steps_3314 wrote: »
    Have being offered the Nokia N95 for 80 euros. Its the 1Gb version which is about 12 months old.

Better off getting the 8gb version as you'll need it for music, apps and photos.

You can get it for €129 on Bill pay with Meteor now so I'd imagine it's about the same with the other providers

• Advertisement

steps_3314 wrote: »

If you are on prepay then it is an ok deal. The one thing is that its out or warranty so if anything does happen you wont have any comeback. If you know the person selling it, and it hasn't had faults then i would take it.

If you are on bill then it wouldn't be a amazing deal for you. And if you want music, you can get a 4 or 8gb card cheaply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

you can get a 4 or 8gb card cheaply.
    or even a 16 gb card, something you can't do with the 8gb model

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    or even a 16 gb card, something you can't do with the 8gb model

Why stop there..... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

good point. So contrary to what john said you'd be better off getting the older model if you need lots of space :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Lushed1

My very first post! I owned a 2g iphone and had to get rid of it. Did not like it. Bought a nokia n95 8gb and i have to say its the best phone i ever used. Maybe the 3g iphone would be ok. But the nokia is the one for my pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

Have a N95. I am able to access my secure wifi, however i cannot . Tthen connect to the internet...any ideas?

The only restriction that i have is the password, i do not tie down mac addresses.

Have a N95. I am able to access my secure wifi, however i cannot . Tthen connect to the internet...any ideas?

The only restriction that i have is the password, i do not tie down mac addresses.

The n95 confirms it as an access point and then just loads a white screen?

Its something to do with your security settings on your router side. Are you using anything like 802.X1, just use a WEP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭wheelbarrow

The n95 confirms it as an access point and then just loads a white screen?

Its something to do with your security settings on your router side. Are you using anything like 802.X1, just use a WEP

Cheers for the reply. Yep the N95 confirms the connection, router uses 802.11 and the security is WEP...and i get a white screen.

Cannot see anything obvious on the router or logs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭dublander

i have the n95 8gb, love it. just wondering, my dad wants to get the same. question i have is, that on vodafone they offer a silver n95 4gb & the black n95 8gb. is the only difference the memory & colour!??? or is the 4gb the much older version? thanks in advance

dublander wrote: »
    i have the n95 8gb, love it. just wondering, my dad wants to get the same. question i have is, that on vodafone they offer a silver n95 4gb & the black n95 8gb. is the only difference the memory & colour!??? or is the 4gb the much older version? thanks in advance

8gb phone has 100MB of internal memory instead of 160MB of the “traditional” N95.

N95-8GB includes a better battery and it means 280 of standby time against 200, it can make the difference, price to pay is a slightly thicker phone though.

N95-8GB has a bigger display 2.8” against 2.6”.

Also no Shutter on the camera on the 8gb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Just to add to davton's input. The 8GB can multi task too, say for example your in maps getting directions but need to text a friend with a querie you can text a message without closing the maps application. So after texting you can go directly back to where you was. This useful tool allows all applications to be open at the same time. Well handy:cool:

Sticking on topic, I love my N95 and would highly reccomend it. Best phone/media player I ever had anyways.

Advertisement