Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo in Gran Canaria

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi i'm going to gran canaria next week and gonna get a tattoo over there:)
    Anyone get 1 done over there????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Don't get a tattoo on holidays. Wait til you get home and you can heal it properly and make sure that you're going to a proper studio that will do it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

You have no idea who you will be tattooed by, you cannot drink the day beforehand, you cannot swim afterwards, cannot expose the piece to the sun, you need to take care of it, you will pay tourist prices and you have no way of getting the work touched up if needed.

in short, terrible idea, plus, why get tattooed on holiday? novelty? also a bad tattoo motive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've two mates that got tattoo'd over there. One guys was his first, the other had a couple already. Both love their tatts. We did tell them the reasons to not get them, much the same as the ones already said. Maybe they got lucky.
    But after reading what's been said, I gotta agree with hot2def and Guage. Wait till you're back. It won't hurt that much to wait an extra week or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭motherfunker

If you are really serious about getting a brilliant tattoo and devote your whole holiday to getting this tattoo and are willing to do a long sitting then there is a guy in Tenerife whose stuff looks brilliant.

http://www.myspace.com/darktimestattoo

Something tells me that's not what you are looking for though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Jimmy Trigger

aislingor wrote: »
    Hi i'm going to gran canaria next week and gonna get a tattoo over there:)
    Anyone get 1 done over there????

Worst idea EVER.
    Thats one of the top rules of how and where not to get a tattoo...on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 aislingor

Thanks for the replies. Yeah I'll probably wait till i get back alright. Didn't realise you've to keep it out of the sun etc.

Advertisement