Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello all,

I'm a student studying in the north and have got a placement with Microsoft in Sandyford; I'm moving down with a few friends who also got placements, theirs however is with Intel in Leixlip. We're trying to agree on an area to live where we'll be able to get to work with good time to spare(quickish), thats fair on price, a nice location to live, good transportation to both and safe.

I've been asking a few friends who've lived in Dublin who all recommend living South Dublin around the Rathmines area, it makes it more convenient for myself, I'd however like to live close to Intel to avoid any arguments/disputes.

My friends working for Intel don't have licenses to drive, I on the other hand do, would it by worth my while driving to Sandyford or is the traffic a nightmare? Should I find somewhere along the Green LUAS line and get that to work? Is traffic on the M50 in the morning really bad?

Really appreciate anyones help on the matter.

Go raibh maith agat!

:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭pepsicokeacola

damn foreigners taking our jobs.

dia dhuit

rathmines is actually pretty cool(if ur not xenephobic) as theres a good mix down there, but i'd also recommend d4 if possible. nice trendy part of dublin and and very near the city and you can go watch leinster play rugby, the team is animal and don't forget to go watch some summer football in the League of Ireland ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 stokesy

damn foreigners taking our jobs.

dia dhuit

rathmines is actually pretty cool(if ur not xenephobic) as theres a good mix down there, but i'd also recommend d4 if possible. nice trendy part of dublin and and very near the city and you can go watch leinster play rugby, the team is animal and don't forget to go watch some summer football in the League of Ireland ;)

I'll wait til the Setanta cup starts and the mighty Cliftonville start ripping teams to shreds.

:eek:

We're not foreigners in the North, we're brothers who have yet to gain access.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Stokesy - please read the charter!

* "Northside v southside", "working class areas v middle class" areas, "best area", "worst area" type threads will no longer be permitted. They are totally pointless and not worth the hassle they cause.

Similarly, threads enquiring about prospective areas to purchase property cannot be permitted, except in special circumstances.

If someone has a genuine reason why such threads should be permitted please PM me but I can't really see what benefit it is to have posters in entrenched positions and going around in circles throwing abuse and generalisations at each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement