Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bridge/Earl piercing

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Heya,

I'm just wondering what do youse think of the bridge piercing (also called Earl). It's the one at the top of the nose in between both eyes. I saw a guy with it the other day and it actually sorta looked hot but at the same time odd looking. It's a rather dramatic looking piercing which seems to suit some people and not others. Also it's becoming more common.

I don't think I'd ever get it done though as I think it wouldn't look nice on me. But what do youse think of it? Any opinions? x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I've had one before. I'd wanted a new peicing for a while, and like the bridge. Went to Celestial Ring in St. Stephens Green, in and out real quick. I'd didn't hurt that much, and I liked it instantly.
    Unfortunatly, it didn't heal, and I had to sometimes take it out for work. But I can definatly see myself getting it done again. It was one of my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I love it. I seen a few people with it. Debating whether to get it done or not. Probably will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I love the look of it, however I don't think I'd ever get it done myself, as I don't reckon it'd suit me very well either.

seanybiker wrote: »
    I love it. I seen a few people with it. Debating whether to get it done or not. Probably will.
    Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

No pressure or nothin'!!

LD 50 wrote: »
    Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it.

No pressure or nothin'!!
    Ha ha ha. Im gonna have to have a few beers before i get it done. Was talking to a lad who has it done he said its like getting smack in the face. I dont like them.

• Advertisement

Nah, its not that bad. I honestly thought it would hurt a whole lot more than it did. Its more like a flick on your nose.

LD 50 wrote: »
    Nah, its not that bad. I honestly thought it would hurt a whole lot more than it did. Its more like a flick on your nose.
    If i do decide to do it ill stick with my beer theory anyways lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Cherryvega

It's my favourite piercing, I love it on both guys and girls! Been grand to heal, can be temperamental but salt soaks and keeping make up or harsh cleansing products away from it keep it happy (n/a if you're a guy :P)

It's like a really pleasant kick to the face, the pop sound it makes is unreal. :D
    DO EEEET!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

seanybiker wrote: »
    Ha ha ha. Im gonna have to have a few beers before i get it done. Was talking to a lad who has it done he said its like getting smack in the face. I dont like them.

Seany drinking before getting a piercing done is a huge no-no... it'll thin your blood and make healing a lot more difficult. Any decent piercer would turn you away if they think you'd been drinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

And really, of all the piercings out there that are painful enough to entertain the notion of drinking alcohol to deal with it... a bridge piercing is not one of those.

• Advertisement

Seany drinking before getting a piercing done is a huge no-no... it'll thin your blood and make healing a lot more difficult. Any decent piercer would turn you away if they think you'd been drinking.
    i can hold me breath long lol. Na seriously. I dont really know if there any good places in waterford to get piercings. I know all the places here alright just dunno if i would go into any of them

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Probably best to hold off then till you know you're going to be near a decent piercer.

If you're worried about the pain of it, pinch the skin at the bridge of your nose, and you'll see that it's simply not that sensitive and should not be anything to worry about!!!

Only thing I'd wonder about is if it would make you go cross-eyed, like the glasses handle/support in "The Jerk" :D :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Vertical bridges pwn normal bridges. Fact!

Vertical bridges pwn normal bridges. Fact!

Only guys have enough of a furrow in the brow to get it done :P

Cherryvega wrote: »
    Only guys have enough of a furrow in the brow to get it done :P
    Another reason why we're so much more awesome :D

Another reason why we're so much more awesome :D

Some may say 'primative' even ;)

Cherryvega wrote: »
    Some may say 'primative' even ;)
    *kocks you on head with club* pffft ;)