Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rented accomodation perth

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

HI all im heading for perth the end of february and I was wondering what the story is with rented accomodation is there, like what is the average rental price, do they usually go by the week or by the month for payment, what areas would be close to the central business district and pubs clubs etc, and what hostels would be good to stay in for the initial period there. appreciate any info

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Hostels - The Globe on Wellington St. is very central and seems ok. Also one called The Britannia in Northbridge is decent.

Areas - Personally I prefer living north of the river. Being along the train line is great so check out the Joondalup/Clarkson line and the suburbs either side of it. I live in Joondalup and it has absolutely everything including pubs, clubs, a shopping centre, restaurants, cinema, public parks etc. About 10 minutes drive from the beach and 5-10 minutes walk to the train station which takes you to the city in 25 minutes.

Rent - My rent is every second week. Are you looking per person or per house/apartment? Apartment you're looking at about $300-$360 per week for a 2 bed/2 bath. Houses could be around $450-$500 depending on whether they are furninshed.

Advertisement