Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to split HDMI to HDMI plus audio

• 23-01-2009 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a projector today and I plan to rig up the xbox to it using a HDMI cable.

The issue is that there is no audio-out on the projector so I must somehow split the hdmi output from the xbox into a HDMI output plus a separate audio output (those red and white connectors). With this, one HDMI output can be plugged into the projector and the audio output can be put into the sound system that I have.

Does anyone know if this is possible and if there is an adapter out there that will allow me to achieve this?

The other alternative is two get a 1:2 HDMI splitter, one output into the projector, and the other into the tele for which the audio out from the tele will go into the sound system.

This must be a known problem that somebody has developed an adaptor to fix.

Thanks in advance for any information

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

I assume that the XBOX can be told to route video only by HDMI and sound out through the usual av connector, hope one of our xbox users will come along and tell us.

If you don't get an answer here I'll move this over to the xbox forum tomorrow, the lads (and ladies) there should know the score.

Ritz.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭jel

The Ritz wrote: »
    I assume that the XBOX can be told to route video only by HDMI and sound out through the usual av connector, hope one of our xbox users will come along and tell us.

If you don't get an answer here I'll move this over to the xbox forum tomorrow, the lads (and ladies) there should know the score.

Ritz.

The way microsoft produced the AV connector it's impossible to connect the HDMI at the same time.

There has to be some adapter that will do this.

mayordenis wrote: »

Yep I saw that last yesterday, however I'd like to get something that's not xBox specific.

I might ring mapin and peats and see if they have anything..

Thanks lads

• Advertisement

I ended up taking the casing off the xbox AV connector so both it and the HDMI cable could be connected at the same time.

The HDMI cable is running into the projector, and the phono connectors of the AV cable are running into the sound system.

Voila.

Ritz...

Could you please move this into the xbox forum as I want to double check that the fix I made doesn't screw anything up on the xbox.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement