Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Magnet Billing *ARGH*

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭

I downgraded from Magnet TV to just keep my broadband and phone line in October/November of 08. After a period had passed I was still being charged the old rate which included the TV so rang them. A woman in billing couldn't apologise enough, saying that despite the change being made well over a month, it hadn't made its way to billing. I was promised my account would be credited, and this was indeed reflected in my last bill!

However, they are continuing to debit my account for the original amount. How hard can it be to get something like this right? It's not as if it's a huge company catering for the entire country. Their broadband is second to none, but NTL are coming to my building soon and it's crap like this that is making me consider switching.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

how ironic! I was actually looking at downgrading the exact same (well herself was, i'm happy with the tv) anyways. Why not speak to a superviser and have your DD cancelled, if possible until they rectify the problem. Do keep us posted on this as i'll be interested to see the outcome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

OK so I got off the phone to magnet after lunch, what a mess. I'd generally consider myself to be good with figures but I was so confused by the end of the conversation.

Here is a brief summary of what they said to me: I downgraded at the end of October but in December was still paying for the old service. I rang them in early December, and they said it got lost or didn't arrive to billing. I was told my account would be credited for the two months I got charged (i.e. Nov & Dec). Basically I was owed 60euro in total.

So, despite rectifying the problem in early Dec, their system wouldn't let them alter the next bill so the money that came out of my account in the middle of January, is for December. So I won't be paying anything during my next billing period (in Feb) and then it should be back on track. Head was melted after talking to them, but got it sorted finally! I think...

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Wheels wrote: »
    OK so I got off the phone to magnet after lunch, what a mess. I'd generally consider myself to be good with figures but I was so confused by the end of the conversation.

Here is a brief summary of what they said to me: I downgraded at the end of October but in December was still paying for the old service. I rang them in early December, and they said it got lost or didn't arrive to billing. I was told my account would be credited for the two months I got charged (i.e. Nov & Dec). Basically I was owed 60euro in total.

So, despite rectifying the problem in early Dec, their system wouldn't let them alter the next bill so the money that came out of my account in the middle of January, is for December. So I won't be paying anything during my next billing period (in Feb) and then it should be back on track. Head was melted after talking to them, but got it sorted finally! I think...

Why dont you cancel the direct debit until the whole thing is sorted out to your satisifaction? Remember too that it is an integral part of the direct debit scheme that a disputed amount should not be debited.

• Company Representative Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Magnet: Rory

Has this problem been resolved? If not feel free to PM my account on here and i can escalate the issue internally.

Advertisement