Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all the ex-Mods- why did you quit your forum?

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭

Just nosy! I've noticed a few people around lately who no longer mod a particular forum.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

There could be a whole range of reasons if they wanted it known they would have posted about in those forums.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

outgrew the fora and a new face(s) could only be a good thing for me.

also tired of the user v mod whinge-fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭Tristram

Since the destruction of the moderator resurrection hub mods want to do something meaningful with their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

I quit modding the afterhours forum because all the posters there are a shower of muppets.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I quit modding the afterhours forum because all the posters there are a shower of muppets.

Odd comment from someone who whines about being banned from there. Surely if they were all muppets you'd be delighted about being banned so you don't have to interact with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

Odd comment from someone who whines about being banned from there. Surely if they were all muppets you'd be delighted about being banned so you don't have to interact with them.

Gotz ta keep them cages a-rattlin man.
    You know how it is!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Both my hookers caught the clap (what are the chances of that happening?) and I used up my allocation of coke. :(

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Just a wild guess here Tom, but could you have passed the clap from one hooker to the other...?

And the real answer is:

Real life got in the way.
    Some got fed up.
    Some lost interest.
    Loads of different reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hey i resemble that comment.

I used to mod on a biker site then found out one of the other mods was a scumbag so havent been in the site in a couple of years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

If this mod week in feedback or something? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Got too involved in AH discussions and was afraid this would affect my impartiality.

Also, a handful of phenomenally nasty users were becoming quite trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Dudess wrote: »
    Got too involved in AH discussions and was afraid this would affect my impartiality.

Also, a handful of phenomenally nasty users were becoming quite trying.

Name & shame.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

stovelid wrote: »
    If this mod week in feedback or something? :D

Haven't you noticed, every week is mod week in feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Sherifu wrote: »
    Name & shame.

Use spoiler tags if you do Dudess. I don't want the surprise ruined. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

If there's anything major going on in their lives, we can hardly expect mods to sit and read through all our verbal diarrhoea and make sense of it, never mind moderate it.

There's loadsa mods I'd like to see come back to the job, but that's up to them really.

It's good in some ways, keeps things interesting with new mods every now and again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Demodded myself from 3 other forums, only kept the one im most interested in.

Reasons for leaving the others;

Simply wasn't interested in them enough and felt that the other mods did as good a job as myself.

People think modding forums is easy. It's not, it's very very hard especially if it is busy and it goes into insane mode if you've a troublesome poster. I'd one last year, sleepless nights, stress levels through the roof etc. etc.

"Oh but you get to use the banhammer lulz roflmao" - Rarely, very rarely and only in extreme cases would it be used on regular people (spammers obviously gone straight away). A moderator who bans and infracts all around them is a poor mod, very poor. Infracting and banning are final resorts to consistent rule breaking.

In my time moderating (about a year) I've only ever banned 1 person, infracted maximum 2 people (apart from spammers). Why? Because once you tell people in a manner that isn't "I'm the almighty mod, bow down and follow my lead..." they're a lot more willing to listen since you showed them some respect.

Anywho all I'm saying is it isnt it's all cracked up to be, it is tiresome, it is hard at times and sometimes that get's too much for people especially if other factors are included like college, work, family issues and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Will wrote: »
    Demodded myself from 3 other forums, only kept the one im most interested in.

Reasons for leaving the others;

Simply wasn't interested in them enough and felt that the other mods did as good a job as myself.

People think modding forums is easy. It's not, it's very very hard especially if it is busy and it goes into insane mode if you've a troublesome poster. I'd one last year, sleepless nights, stress levels through the roof etc. etc.

"Oh but you get to use the banhammer lulz roflmao" - Rarely, very rarely and only in extreme cases would it be used on regular people (spammers obviously gone straight away). A moderator who bans and infracts all around them is a poor mod, very poor. Infracting and banning are final resorts to consistent rule breaking.

In my time moderating (about a year) I've only ever banned 1 person, infracted maximum 2 people (apart from spammers). Why? Because once you tell people in a manner that isn't "I'm the almighty mod, bow down and follow my lead..." they're a lot more willing to listen since you showed them some respect.

Anywho all I'm saying is it isnt it's all cracked up to be, it is tiresome, it is hard at times and sometimes that get's too much for people especially if other factors are included like college, work, family issues and the like.
    Translation: it's not the same without davey180.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Sherifu wrote: »
    Translation: it's not the same without davey180.

imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Well aren't you the humble one :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,636 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

OP if you post on boards secret site, http://modconspiracy.boards.ie/ you will learn the when mods fall out of the clique, they get the boot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

faceman wrote: »
    OP if you post on boards secret site, http://modconspiracy.boards.ie/

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhuddup...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Judging by his last thread, Amp quit due to mental illness.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Judging by his last thread, Amp quit due to mental illness.
    Nah, it was the other way around, they found a cure. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Would miss Karoma though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Got a bit bored tbh.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

There are 700+ mods afaik... if each of them serves 2 years, there would be a mod-resignation a day!

DeV.

Ludo wrote: »
    Well aren't you the humble one :D

Didn't mean it as an "i'm awesome" comment :o:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Didn't mean it as an "i'm awesome" comment :o:o

Will.

I think you ARE teh awesome.

<3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I'd one last year, sleepless nights, stress levels through the roof etc. etc..

Wow. Dude that's hardcore. Moderating a forum should never do that to you. IMO, if it even started to annoy me a bit, it would be time to move on.

Hope the body mod regulars treat you better. I lurk in there a bit actually, and you're one of the good guys.
    "Oh but you get to use the banhammer lulz roflmao" - Rarely, very rarely and only in extreme cases would it be used on regular people (spammers obviously gone straight away). A moderator who bans and infracts all around them is a poor mod, very poor. Infracting and banning are final resorts to consistent rule breaking...

+100000000000000000000

• Advertisement

Body mod crew are lovely, very close knit community.

But anywho yeah, some people just leave, varied reasons.

Advertisement