Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/vocalist lookin'for... [non-urgent but actual]

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

...lookin'for a band based in Dublin. Tryin' to reactivate after 20 months of still vegetation without performances. Want to play with originals, with their own way of sight, playing and creation. Not interested with emo-like, teenage-trend pseudobands, but everyone's welcome (not everything is what it seems to be). Melodic vocal with some power. Influences that may give You an overview regarding my voice shaping (inspirations):
    • Tool/A Perfect Circle
    • The Eagles (Glen Frey, Joe Walsh, Don Henley)
    • Kansas
    • Incubus
    • Staind
    • Slipknot/Stone Sour
    • Alter Bridge
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd
    • Metallica
    • Elvis Presley
    • Drowning Pool
    • Sevendust
    • Bad Religion
    • Audioslave/Soundgarden
    • Wet Wet Wet
    • HIM
    • Godsmack
    • Snot
    • The Beatles
    • Tori Amos
    • Pearl Jam
    • Disturbed
    • Johnny Cash
    • Eric Clapton
    • David Gilmour
    • Korn
    • Queen
    • The Doors
    • and many more...
    It's a partial list of hundreds of performers I used to listen, be inspired with and tried to learn their techniques (better or worse). I'm non-professional, don't except a meastro but realize one thing - voice is my passion and I want to improve it every time I get a chance to.

I also write songs and do homemeade recordings but...let just leave it for another occasion ;)

Anyone interested to talk/meet write PM.
    Have a nice day :D (or night)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭selwyn

Hows it goin. Im throwin a band together at the moment and im lookin for a vocalist/singer. Dunno what exact type of music we're gonna play but it'll be along the lines of Hard Rock and some of the stuff you mentioned above. It'll be up for debate though. We'd have a slot in trackmix studio in blanchardstown too. Top quality studio with gear for us to use etc.
    If your interested send me a pm. Heres the last band i played in...

www.myspace.com/selwynmusic

Cheers,

Terry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭23

alright man?

we are looking for a singer. you might be interested www.myspace.com/23dc
    There is a song with no voice for you to triy out.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 thielfer

ok 23
    almost ready to complete beta preview of greed
    will send asap

anyway i'm freelancer at the moment so offer still open for the others ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 achillies

Hows it goin man.we are holding auditions this friday if your up for a jam.pm me when you can.cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 tneilo

alright man,
    ive been been in a band who play a lot of them bands you were sayin there weve been playin together about a year , were real tight now at this stage but were havin a bastard of a time tryin to get a singer.
    we also have a lot of original material, we just need to get some vocals down and we,ll be ready to start giggin,
    if your interested we normally practice 3-4 times a week in the dun laoighre/glenagery area, if your interested please leave a pm,
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

tneilo wrote: »
    alright man,
    ive been been in a band who play a lot of them bands you were sayin there weve been playin together about a year , were real tight now at this stage but were havin a bastard of a time tryin to get a singer.
    we also have a lot of original material, we just need to get some vocals down and we,ll be ready to start giggin,
    if your interested we normally practice 3-4 times a week in the dun laoighre/glenagery area, if your interested please leave a pm,
    thanks
    Please be aware of dates when replies to threads. The last post before yours is from February 2009. It's probably better to start your own thread than go replying to one that's nearly a year and a half old.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 triplesuck

whatta surprise ;)
    forgot the password and can't figure out why none of my e-mail boxes matches the one I registered on this forum - that's why I can't get my password back/reset...
    that's a new account so Malice if You have a power and will suspend/delete my old account 'Thielfer' without a harm for this topic - would be perfect and appreciate it;

I'm back in mood for singing and wanna do something so the topic is up-to-date now...

triplesuck wrote: »
    forgot the password and can't figure out why none of my e-mail boxes matches the one I registered on this forum - that's why I can't get my password back/reset...
    that's a new account so Malice if You have a power and will suspend/delete my old account 'Thielfer' without a harm for this topic - would be perfect and appreciate it;
    I'm just a moderator, not an administrator so I can't help you directly with your account situation. Have a read of this thread if you want to get reunited with your old account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

Dude im totally looking for a singer just like you:pac::pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055952396

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35 musiccollab

waltersobchak / musiccollab <- PMs sent ;)

message to potential ethnic discrimination/racist minded ones (believe me - there are kinda people in music world as well) :/
    I AM NOT an Irish native so if it's not Your intention to play/gig with middle-east-born mate I just want to save each other's time

triplesuck wrote: »
    message to potential ethnic discrimination/racist minded ones (believe me - there are kinda people in music world as well) :/
    I AM NOT an Irish native so if it's not Your intention to play/gig with middle-east-born mate I just want to save each other's time
    Hopefully you won't encounter any discrimination like that here on Boards. If you do then make sure to report the post by clicking the report.gif on the left of the post below the poster's name so that it can be dealt with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lifely21

sent you a pm's

Malice_ wrote: »
    Hopefully you won't encounter any discrimination like that here on Boards. If you do then make sure to report the post by clicking the report.gif on the left of the post below the poster's name so that it can be dealt with.

thanks Malice, appreciate your concern
    lifely21 wrote: »
    sent you a pm's

didn't get any pm from you, lifely21 :/

Advertisement