Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car break-ins in viewmount / earls court area

• 23-01-2009 2:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭

Hi, just a warning for the residents in these areas, there have been a high number of cars broken into in these areas in recent weeks including another two tonight that are known so please be vigilant to stop it happening to you.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Thanks for that. I'm smack bang in the centre of Viewmount so I'll keep a look out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

p~b wrote: »
    Hi, just a warning for the residents in these areas, there have been a high number of cars broken into in these areas in recent weeks including another two tonight that are known so please be vigilant to stop it happening to you.

Cheers for the warning man.

I had to do a second take, I thought you were asking for people to be vililantes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

yeah its a rough part of town, i hope they catch the rascals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

I thought you were asking for people to be vililantes :D

god forbid as waterford has too many vililantes as it is???????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

longshanks wrote: »
    Viewmount aint rough. Dont think it is anyways. Us hillview people wouldnt know trouble he we seen it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

longshanks wrote: »

Not at all, Viewmounts fine. Used to be the odd bit of trouble on the tennis courts but I haven't noticed anything problematic for a good year or two now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

deise59 wrote: »
    , Viewmounts fine. Used to be the odd bit of trouble on the tennis courts .

since when did viewmount host the australian open:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

seanybiker wrote: »
    Viewmount aint rough. Dont think it is anyways. Us hillview people wouldnt know trouble he we seen it lol
    Don't know about Hillview not knowing about trouble, the garda hellicopter spent a lot of time there on tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

marlin vs wrote: »
    Don't know about Hillview not knowing about trouble, the garda hellicopter spent a lot of time there on tuesday.

apparently they were watching a match up in the mount sion field

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

my wifes car was broken into in earlscourt a few weeks ago, although she did forget to lock it. scum go around checking the doors of cars late at night according to the gardai..

• Advertisement

manus30 wrote: »
    my wifes car was broken into in earlscourt a few weeks ago, although she did forget to lock it. scum go around checking the doors of cars late at night according to the gardai..

Just as ya said your missus forgot to lock her door.
    Last year sometime someone tried to break into me next door neighbours two cars, the young fella had two boy racer cars at the time.
    One of them was on the road outside his house, they ripped the door open from the top and done whatever with the wires and obviously couldnt get it started, Neighbour took the spark plugs outta it cos he wasnt using it.
    They tried to rob his car that he was using, went into the driveway and done same to that car ie, pulled it open from top of the door, and took some change he had in the centre console, dont know why they didnt try to hot wire it, must have heard someone coming or something. Anyways trurns outt he one in the driveway wasnt even locked, the fecking plonkers never checked the doors on it ha ha.
    Under the change they took form centre console was €70 in notes, still left there. Some people just dont have a clue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Multivan

I had the spare wheel stolen from under my Van in Cherrymount accross from SuperQuinn there, i mean it was a tough enough job to get under and take the wheel off as it was well secured on!

Loo La's

Multivan wrote: »
    I had the spare wheel stolen from under my Van in Cherrymount accross from SuperQuinn there, i mean it was a tough enough job to get under and take the wheel off as it was well secured on!

Loo La's

ha ha ha Loo La's is right. What the feck are gonna do with a soare wheel, well unless they have a flat but still though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭ZiMZuM

you think a spare wheel is bad,my old car was broken into in Earlscourt bout 1 1/2 yrs ago and all they took were my seat covers and floor mats,didnt even try to hot wire it,well there was no evidence anyway!worst thing was to get into the car they shoved something in the top of the door and bent it away from the car completly,cost of a new door was alot more than a couple of mats and seat covers!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

The presence of Gards on the Dunmore Road is poor. Large groups of youths causing mayhem, but I suppose middle class kids don't cause problems, hence why the garda don't respond.

ZiMZuM wrote: »
    you think a spare wheel is bad,my old car was broken into in Earlscourt bout 1 1/2 yrs ago and all they took were my seat covers and floor mats,didnt even try to hot wire it,well there was no evidence anyway!worst thing was to get into the car they shoved something in the top of the door and bent it away from the car completly,cost of a new door was alot more than a couple of mats and seat covers!:mad:

ha ha ha that has to be the weirdest break in ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

manus30 wrote: »

Hi, I'm just wondering did you mention this to the Earls Court Residents Committee? We normally take this kind of stuff on board and try to notify residents as soon as we can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 345 ✭✭hellfireie

there was a number of break-ins in the apartments across from ardkeen too . 4 or 5 where broken into the feckers pulled the place apart. they got a laptop and a ipod . not sure if its the same crowd thats in viewmount but everyone should keep an eye out .

Advertisement