Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More help

• 23-01-2009 4:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

Just got the E51.Neat phone, like it.Right, I'm having trouble configuring the email though.It has a wizard, but still I'm stuck. Just read now that the yahoo mail cannot be configured to the e51 unless its a bussiness mail acount.Is that true or does someone know how to get around that.If so, can you send us a link. I have the yahoo go but I'd rather be able email from the phone instead of loading up the yahoo go.
    Has anyone configured yahoo email to the e51, if so.How.
    Or what other email clients have you got configured to the e51.
    Cheers, got to go to bed.:eek:
    Night.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

Put your e51 in offline mode!
    THEN try to use the wizard to set up your yahoo account. It will obviously fail to do so without a connection. THUS it'll allow you to setup the account manually!
    Just enter the settings you get from yahoo!
    On pc go to your yahoo account! Top right corner you have 'options'; click and the next page has pop-settings etc...

Incoming server: pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk (.co.uk - even if it's a .ie-account!!!)

Outgoing server: well, I'm with vodafone, so for outgoing-server it's mail.vodafone.ie!!! Other networks afaik you use yahoo's outgoing server! With voda you use vodafone's server!

Mailboxtype is Pop3

Access point with voda is Vodafone ISP or MISP - vodafone live! Does not work with the email client on prepay!!!

With o2 prepay the wap gprs access point works afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭darkestlord

Cheers for that.I got fed up trying and did a gmail account instead.But thanks anyway.:) I might have another go anyways.

Cheers for that.I got fed up trying and did a gmail account instead.But thanks anyway.:) I might have another go anyways.

yeah, had the same problem with my e71 and yahoo.ie.
    the offline trick works :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

I tried this and it keeps asking me for my user name and password, anyone else have this problem?

Strecker, do you have the settings by any chance;) .I've looked on the net but they say that you have to have a yahoo bussiness account. Im on meteor, pay as you go.Cheers.

• Advertisement

Strecker, do you have the settings by any chance;) .I've looked on the net but they say that you have to have a yahoo bussiness account. Im on meteor, pay as you go.Cheers.

Server Settings Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Username: ************@yahoo.ie
    Email address: ************@yahoo.ie

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

mad.mike wrote: »
    Server Settings Incoming Mail Server (POP3): pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 995

Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP): smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk
    Use SSL, port: 465, use authentication

Account Name/Username: ************@yahoo.ie Email address: ************@yahoo.ie

Password: Your Yahoo! Mail password

Oh,
    You beat me to it!

You don't need a business account to use the nokia email client!
    Meteor will charge you for data, just as they would for browsing etc... That's all!

Thanks Mike and stretcher.I think I'm just a silly old bugger, cus I cant get it working.It comes back saying no email messages but I know I have.
    I will keep at it.Thanks for helping. :o

Edit: I cracked it- thanks everyone

Good one :)

I keep getting connection refused by server, please check username and password, but they are correct.:(

• Advertisement

I keep getting connection refused by server, please check username and password, but they are correct.:(
    Hi Mike, if u go to your yahoo mail on the net,there is a option to change your pop settings,This will allow ure mail to reach ure fone,Sorry im a little vague,im at work,but if u have any more problems.I will be at home later.

Hi Mike, if u go to your yahoo mail on the net,there is a option to change your pop settings,This will allow ure mail to reach ure fone,Sorry im a little vague,im at work,but if u have any more problems.I will be at home later.

Ah yes, working great now thanks! Don't work too hard!

What network?

Meteor but its solved now i just had to follow the instructions above to allow the pop settings to my phone.

Advertisement