Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simulations for 70-620

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭

Hi there

Just wondering re SIMS in 70-620 exam can ye please clarify

1 Does the search feature work in the exam is the emultator used just like the real thing
    2 If you make a mistake ie click on wrong link I presume you can go back or do you have to start over
    3 What do i need to bring can I bring pen and paper . Im guessing all I need is my booking number

Thanks
    Noel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Did you download the Simulation example from the MS website

With the sims, its a case if you select the wrong option or an option not part of the sim it will say, this option is not available.. Nothing more. The sim is based on the end result of your question. So if its right, you will get the marks. It doesnt reset unless you ask it to.

I dont understand the first question you asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Barrypr

Cant really help you out as I havent done and ms exams, but as for Q3 I no that they provide you with pen and a whiteboard thing that you can wipe clean.

Transcender look to provide some pretty good sims and exams, if your looking for some, getting them for Cisco myself, there 200 bucks though but ment to look and feel like the real thing.

Good luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

noel123ie wrote: »
    Hi there

Just wondering re SIMS in 70-620 exam can ye please clarify

1 Does the search feature work in the exam is the emultator used just like the real thing
    2 If you make a mistake ie click on wrong link I presume you can go back or do you have to start over
    3 What do i need to bring can I bring pen and paper . Im guessing all I need is my booking number

Thanks
    Noel

I took the exam but to be honest none of these things were an issue.

1. I don't want to give away too much but EVERYTHING required to answer the questions will be functional.

2. Usual Microsoft Exam format you will be able to go back and forth and review at the end.

3. No you can't bring anything in. You'll be supplied with laminated board and dry wipe marker.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭noel123ie

Ginger wrote: »
    Did you download the Simulation example from the MS website

With the sims, its a case if you select the wrong option or an option not part of the sim it will say, this option is not available.. Nothing more. The sim is based on the end result of your question. So if its right, you will get the marks. It doesnt reset unless you ask it to.

I dont understand the first question you asked

Your fine but if you could send on link from microsoft site I would really be grateful

Thanks to all for taking the time to answer my questions

Noel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I took this today to finish my 2008 certs - i'm an official pro after passing 70-647 last week lol. I found the exam just lovely and scored 973. I've grown to love Vista since I installed it to get ready for the exam :D so the sims were all nice Vista colors instead of green and blue XP or grey 2003 :D
    The sims in this one were different to any others i've done thou because it'll be somethimg like 'Ginger needs to invite TK to a meeting blah blah' and when you enter the sim you're basically in the control panel applet you need to be in to solve the problem so you can't really go wrong. I had heard on other forums that there was a lot of sims - i'm not sure if i can say how many i had with the nda but I was a bit worried because I didn't have that much exposure to Vista but it was all pretty straight forward. I used the MS self paced training kit and the sims I had were all from the practice lessons at the end of the chapters. Now I have my ususal post exam 'what do i do now dilemma'?! :D

Nice one TK! Post exam dilemma is usually whos round is it :)

Maybe the exchange certs or possibly the BDD exam

Advertisement