Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signal is excellent but no webpage will open

Options
  • 23-01-2009 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me. I have configured a new modem from maplin, Perlico is my provider. Everything seems fine. It tells me signal is excellent, connections is fine, but when i open the page, "Page cannot be displayed" comes up. Has anyone anyone any advice. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Look for something called DNS server. It will need to be filled in. The DNS server translates the web addresses you type into an ip address. Check perlico's website for their settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

Or use 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

willbee wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me. I have configured a new modem from maplin, Perlico is my provider. Everything seems fine. It tells me signal is excellent, connections is fine, but when i open the page, "Page cannot be displayed" comes up. Has anyone anyone any advice. Thanks

There are any number of reasons apart from dns. Are you syncing with perlico?

When you say that the signal is excellent is that a wireless signal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Are you getting an IP from your modem/router? and make sure NAT is enabled.

Advertisement