Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Neil Gaiman signing in Dublin, Feb 17

Options
  • 23-01-2009 10:53am
    Moderators Posts: 51,779 ✭✭✭✭

According to his twitter, which is a feed on his personal site.
    He might be in Chapters in Parnell St. Dublin doing a reading and signing at 5pm on 17th of Feb.
    Source

Seemingly he is over for the Dublin Film festival that weekend. Source

If you can read this, you're too close!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

*bump* Gonna see if I can make it to this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭zesman

Yes was in Chapters yesterday. It's on

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nice One. American Gods is one of the best books i've read in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Antilles

*bump* Gonna see if I can make it to this :)

On my way there now! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭bridget.laitly

Cripes almighty that was a lot of people! Was lucky to be near the front(ish) of the signing line, though there were so many still waiting I have a feeling they'll be closing Chapters quite late tonight!

Anyone else go? What did you think of Amanda P? What did you think of Neil's short stories?

Any comments on the event itself? Thought it wasn't as organised as it could have been, but the Chapters folk were very accommodating...:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭laurashambles

It was amazing! Bit packed though. I'm glad I got there when I did, any later and I wouldn't have seen a thing, the place was mobbed! I'm probably as big a fan of Amanda as I am of Neil and I felt kind of bad when people were going up to get stuff signed by him and she was just sitting there. I didn't think she'd be signing anything so I didn't bring any CDs but I got her to sign one of those bandannas they were selling so it's all good. :D Neil drew a little illustration in my copy of The Graveyard book. :D By the time I had gotten my stuff signed I'd already missed my train home but I felt like dancing. It was freaking brilliant. I can't wait to get my hands on this book they're collaborating on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

I missed it. *kicks something*

I heard he was signing until like ten o'clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

It was great :) I've been a fan of Amanda/The dresden dolls for years and seeing her at the same time as Neil was overwhelming!

I can't believe they weren't expecting the amount that showed up though. It seemed everyone showed up at the same time (I mis-timed and got there at 4.35pm and there were a few decent viewing spots still available, but 10 minutes later the place was jointed).

Advertisement