Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saddles and That :)

Options
  • 23-01-2009 11:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone.

Need help

I have a new horse and he is very wide across his houlders. I know this because i had a saddle fitter come yesterday and check him.

So what's the best saddle to get for him. She mentioned an adjustable saddle which appeals to me because i would like to use it again when i sell him.

Anyone have any experience of these saddles or other suggestions.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

I hadn't heard of an adjustable saddle before... In what way are they 'adjustable'?
    Sounds like it could be quite handy, especially if you've more than one horse and they're completely different shapes and sizes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Apparently its adjustable across the pommel?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

Check out bates (leather version) or wintec (synthetic version) saddles. They come with interchangeable gullets and are also available in a very wide version afaik. There is an equestrian clearance web site which seem to have quite good deals, also a large saddlery near Naas were doing a special deal on bates in their sale a week or so ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

^ Just what I was about to say. Wintec/Bates have removable 'fish' inserts that adjust the width at the pommel. They also have Cair, an air flocking system, which I have heard mixed reports about. Wintecs are also quite curved from front to back and may be unsuitable for a horse with a flatter back.

Actually tbh, most saddles are adjustable to some degree with their flocking. Wows are another (they have a flair system) and are supposed to be excellent.

Another company which is popular in the UK is 'the Saddle Company' who sell quite reasonably priced saddles and have their own trained fitters. Not sure if they're in Sweden though... (or whats available) You'll have to work with what you've got there.

Advertisement