Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Megapixel race is well and truely over... Gigapan in Action.

• 23-01-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

Courtesy of David Bergman - Cannon G10 Wins coming in at 1474 Megapixel - See here. Cute or what?

//Off to adverts.ie to see if I can pick up a second hand Gigapan.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

the sky is all blown out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Severe focus issues too at close up for viewing about 3 miles away :D Must be that damn robotic shake / motion blur :rolleyes:

On the gigapan homepage they take the same image and do an interesting animation to some sharp shooters literally a couple of miles away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

AnCatDubh wrote: »

do an interesting animation to some sharp shooters literally a couple of miles away.

I would hope that they aren't, worst attempt at concealment EVER ! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Marcus

Wow... that's pretty impressive!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Courtesy of David Bergman - Cannon G10 Wins coming in at 1474 Megapixel - See here. Cute or what?

//Off to adverts.ie to see if I can pick up a second hand Gigapan.

Spelling mistake there Tommy ..... You know it should be Canyon!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

ah darn it!

spell check suggested nikon but I knew that had to be wrong! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Simplicius

a large format Film camera could have taken that better and you could blow it up 20 foot by 40 foot !

Simplicius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

My 1st impression was.....agh..the blown out sky ! but as I zoomed in.....wow, great detail. Is that like half the population of Ireland in one photo !!
    Q. How many cameras are in this photograph ?
    Ans: a sh1tload !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

I kinda fancy the blonde in the fifteenth row with the slightly indented left bicuspid :D

That's amazing! There are a few stitching oddities though, I suppose you can't expect a couple of million people to stay still for a few minutes.

H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Exposed for the president*? :pac:

*This is a joke, and not a racist comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Exposed for the president*? :pac:

*This is a joke, and not a racist comment.

hee hee. maybe shoulda done a HDR ?

Advertisement