Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it time the irish went home

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭Benedict XVI

the_syco wrote: »
    Obama ticks a few boxes, being black, American, and Irish. I'd say he automatically got a large portion of the black and Irish voters who vote on whim.

He is in his S**te Irish, that sort of a statement is as bad as the 'the Irish built America' tripe

This post on another form gives a quick breakdown of his ancestory, and Irish is just one of many places his family came from
    Camelot wrote: »
    ARMOUR - English
    CLARK – Anglo/Scots
    DUNHAM - English
    HOLLOWAY - English
    KEARNEY - Irish :)
    MCCURRY - Scottish
    OBAMA - Kenyan
    OVERALL - English
    PAYNE - English
    STROUP - Belgian
    WOLFLEY - English
    WRIGHT – Anglo/Scots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

He is in his S**te Irish, that sort of a statement is as bad as the 'the Irish built America' tripe

This post on another form gives a quick breakdown of his ancestory, and Irish is just one of many places his family came from

The heirtage is on his mothers side as his mother is white. His Great Great Grandmother is Mary Ann Kearney and is Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Did I forget the smilies? Of course he's not bloody Irish... I was taking the piss out of the American "my great-great-great-grandfathers mistresses dog was Irish" crap they tend to come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

GuanYin wrote: »
    Ok, without rehashing two pages of debate (I'm guessing you didn't bother to read it all), the Irish don't deserve any special treatment.

An illegal immigrant is an illegal immigrant. You can't make a case for the Irish and then suggest that the Irish government should be tough on illegal immigrants in Ireland. At least not an intelligent case.

I never actually said the Irish deserve better treatment.

Just saying there is nothing wrong with lobbying for special treatment. Just don't expect to get it.

I don't think the Irish should get special treatment. TBH, I think the Mexican's should get better treated since their neighbouring countries.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

And on that note....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement