Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typist Leaving

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭

Today is the last day in work for my typist of 3 yrs. She is 40 (I am 30) and wants to spend more time with small kids.

Any suggestions on a going away gift?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Thats very thoughtful of you, nice to see an employer who appreciates their staff. A cash bonus might be nice or perhaps vouchers! I know I got a gift from an employer as a leaving present once it was a 'cross pen set' which I was overwhelmed by and I have to say the effort he made always stayed with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

To be honest I am not an employer. I am an employee myself but its the type of work where I have a typist to myself.

I got her a €40.00 voucher for the local hotel for food etc so will give it to her at 5.00 when she is leaving.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

fair play to you, I'm sure she'll be delighted. :D

Advertisement