Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage Fixed Rate to an Interest Only

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Hiya i am in difficulties repaying my mortgage and loans and im in a 5 year fixed rate mortgage with Ulster. I was thinking to ring the bank and tell them im having financial problems, But would they penalise me for switching to an interest only with 4 years to go on my fixed. Or should i struggle through and make what payments i can i know all this time every payment missed is continually ruining my credit rating. Is coming clean to the bank and admitting you are in trouble as good as screwing up my credit rating anyway???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Talk to your bank immediately, your credit rating will not be affeacted and at least you will have a clearer picture of what you need to do and they will want to help as it is in their interests aswell.

Advertisement