Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 7 and *OS* graphics acceleration

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

According to this video the graphics card horsepower will be *more* available to the OS in windows 7 than in previous versions of windows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmVFeNHOagQ

Do us non gamers finally have an excuse for buying expensive cards now and seeing real snappyness* in window rendering.

*its a word look it up:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

No need for expensive cards..any cheap card will do fine as long as it's not integrated graphics.

Damn..I just wasted my 1000 post :(

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭alansweeney100

Hmm so windows 7 will make better use of my graphicscard. Seems to be getting a lot of positive press, windows 7. Would you be mad to install the beta now?
    ( Congrats on your 1000th post Mat, I'm sure your employer is thrilled 4 u :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 82,411 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

most testers are reporting back no problems. I myself had a lot of issues that Id put down to lack of driver support on my end - HP vista x64 drivers bother to check if theyre really being installed on Vistax64 and so I cant trick them into thinking otherwise. The lack of drivers led to a few blue screen stops during sleep and wakeup, and wireless malfunctions when waking from sleep. And then there was that business with the boot manager that I wont get into - pain in the ass.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

just installed it, no problems with drivers so far, all my Vista drivers installed without problem.

Advertisement