Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gaggia filter basket.

• 23-01-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hey guys,
    I've had the Gaggia Classic Espresso machine for a few years now, but the pores on the filter baskets have become completely clogged with dried coffee which I can't remove. Anyone know somewhere in Ireland where I can buy replacement filters? I can only seen to find sellers in UK/USA who are intent on extorting 15 bills for shipping...
    Thanks a mil.
    Jones.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Here you go, happydonkey in the UK. You may have to mail Scott as his site doesn't accept Irish credit cards iirc. Nice chap to do business with.

I'm surprised it won't come away after a good soaking though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

You may well find that soaking it a few times in something like this will give it a new lease of life.

tbh, this is good practice anyway, I can't imagine you've been getting a great flavour if you've never cleaned your baskets!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Try sticking the clogged basket in the dishwasher for your next few wash
    cycles. It's always worth giving the basket a rinse and wipe with kitchen-wipe after you empty the used puck.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭LorraineL

I can get you one of these if you wanna pm me. ;)

Advertisement