Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concerns about new neighbours

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

Its the 99% that give the 1% a bad name

• Closed Accounts Posts: 711 ✭✭✭who007

hedgeh0g wrote: »
    Its the 99% that give the 1% a bad name

lol excellent!

I would have had the same thoughts myself as the OP - and it seems s/he was justified in it. Funny how the parking thing gets different responses dependant on which thread you read.. other threads have the majority baying about how it's perfectly alright to clamp people who take up your space..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

but i can see from the majority of the posts here i wont be receiving anything constructive or informative that is based on actual experience just a whole lot of PC malarky

Welcome to boards.ie. :)
    This isn't new

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

i think if you wanted to control who you lived next to you shouldve bought a house on its own and not in a housing estate, i can understand your concerns but if they are not directly effecting you i dont think you should worry, if they start burning tires on the green or kidnap some kids then u mite have reason to be conserned, most travellers are ok they are just mad for the gold watches thats all. buy them a cake and get to know ur new neighbours, im sure they are nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

padz wrote: »
    i think if you wanted to control who you lived next to you shouldve bought a house on its own and not in a housing estate, i can understand your concerns but if they are not directly effecting you i dont think you should worry, if they start burning tires on the green or kidnap some kids then u mite have reason to be conserned, most travellers are ok they are just mad for the gold watches thats all. buy them a cake and get to know ur new neighbours, im sure they are nice :)

http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0209/mullingar.html
    46 people, including one woman, have appeared at a special sitting of Mullingar District Court charged with violent disorder.

in fairness i'd say the values in this estate went down.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If the original poster had the words "black people" instead of "traveller community" would this post have been allowed stand???

Very surprised this post has not been moderated.

I would indeed have allowed it to stand- as I have a lot of faith in the people who post in this forum. Had it turned into a racist slagging match- I'd have banned any perpetrators- this forum is among the top 10 for banned people on Boards- precisely because we do allow people to air legitimate concerns- but if either the OP or subsequent posters step over the line, there are consequences.

If you actually read this thread- the consensus of a number of people has been that posters are being overly PC- which I don't have a problem with either- providing there is sufficient objectivity in what is being posted.

Personally, I was amused to read the different attitudes people had especially in relation to parking on the estate.

We do moderate this forum closely.

If people have a problem with a specific post- use the 'Report Post' function button, the moderators are immediately e-mailed information about the post concerned and can focus on potential trouble before anything happens.

As I believe this thread has now lived its useful life, its locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement