Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

line on carrier

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

2 houses in westmeath are sharing a line, they are less then a mile from a bb enabled exchange

houses for miles in any direction can get it but they can't

okay okay, its the same old story, but any tips for getting them off the carrier, eircom complaints was no help, they said they have to get a new line at €120, and it may not work either

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

How are they sharing the line, is it split?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

How are they sharing the line, is it split?

sorry
    yeah they are on the same carrier, line is split

an engineer was out about a year ago, and he said it would be easy to take them off it, but he was very busy that day and had to leave it.

update

i got it sorted

eircom are offering a second line, for free (until the 28th of jan), you just have to pay line rental until you cancel the old line and move your number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Make sure to insist its broadband compatable or you may end up with another number on the carrier unit..;)

i'll tell them that, thanks

I thought they have to use a direct line for a few years now

• Advertisement
Advertisement