Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair ban from afterhours

Options
  • 23-01-2009 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭

I was banned from afterhours for a month about 2 weeks ago. Someone had called me gay and I posted a lighthearted response to them. Now you may say being called gay isn't an insult, but I had already made it clear to this poster that I wasn't, therefore its clear he intended it as an insult. So there can be no doubts this is personal abuse. I then posted a good humoured and ironic response, where I said I would bum rape the person who had made that comment, and then included a line from the movie bad santa, about how that person "wouldn't crap right for a month." No I really can't see how this was interpreted as anything other than banter. However I was given a 1 month ban by karoma. I really don't see how that is fair. If the mod somehow thought this was thretening behaviour (even though it was clear it was just a bit of fun) then surely an infraction would of been sufficient, but a 1 month ban is way over the top. Can I please be given access to AH again as its been about 2 weeks now? Also, why wasn't the poster who made the insult to me given a ban as well?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Shmuck wrote: »
    I was banned from afterhours for a month about 2 weeks ago. Someone had called me gay and I posted a lighthearted response to them.

Can you post a link to your comment please?
    Also, why wasn't the poster who made the insult to me given a ban as well?

You would have to take that up with the mod in question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Can you post a link to your comment please?

You would have to take that up with the mod in question.

The post is not showing up in my previous posts page, so the mod must of deleted the thread. The post was literally "Say that to me again, and I'll bum rape you. You won't crap right for a month!." Not the most intelligent comment ever, but like I said it was just a bit of banter. Also about your second comment, the mod in question Karoma, is no longer a mod, so don't think there is any point taking it up with them.

The post was literally "Say that to me again, and I'll bum rape you. You won't crap right for a month!." Not the most intelligent comment ever, but like I said it was just a bit of banter.

Well now, in all fairness, it was more than a bit of banter, it was abusive to say the least.
    the mod in question Karoma, is no longer a mod, so don't think there is any point taking it up with them.

Ah, fair enough. Unfortunately I am unable to answer for him on that score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭Shmuck

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Well now, in all fairness, it was more than a bit of banter, it was abusive to say the least.

Ah, fair enough. Unfortunately I am unable to answer for him on that score.

I disagree, I think it was clear I was just giving back what I was receiving. But since I was just responding to a personal insult, and the comment wasn't that bad even if it was to be interpreted as abusive, can I be given access again to AH since I've been banned for 2 weeks now?

can I be given access again to AH since I've been banned for 2 weeks now?

You will have to drop a PM to the other AH Mods and ask them.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"He started it" doesnt work here. You dont "give back what you were receiving" or you get the same treatment, the boot.

DeV.

Advertisement