Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fresh supermarket

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Looking for a phone number or URL for fresh supermarkets - in particular the one in Smithfield, but any of them will do!

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,213 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Fresh Supermarket
    Unit 5, Block F
    Smithfield
    Dublin 7
    Ph: (01) 485 0271

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

Thank-you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 absolufab

Hi all;

After many try, I give up buying from Fresh (smithfield in particular). Quality is going lower and lower. I bought crap sushi's and realised then that they were out of date. Vegetables have to be cooked on the same day. Prices are ridicously high for the poor quality they sale now. On top of that, the staff is not friendly anymore.

I won't go there anymore.

Do you have similar experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kersti

Totally agree - you pay top prices and you get utter crap. Half the time there's no stock, the other half the stock that is there is so close to dead that it makes no odds. I've bought fruit in the evening and had a kitchen full of fruit flies by morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

Fresh - Smithfield aka Smithfield Garda Station..
    They should rename it Stale..
    I have nearly gone vegetarian because of that place, rotten chicken from the meat counter one too many times.
    If you buy anything at all there check the date, I bought some Big Al's chicken things in a box thinking they were safer than the rotten 'fresh' meat, not so. They were 4 months out of date!! The manager doesn't care one bit, I have told him about rotten stuff in the shop, all he asked was do I want to buy it? I said no, it's out of date, it stayed on the shelf.
    I could fill a trolley with out of date stuff at any one time.
    A lot of stuff is over priced, and since Spar was shut down by the hobos torching the building, we don't have much choice in Smithfield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

absolufab wrote: »
    On top of that, the staff is not friendly anymore.

I will have to disagree, the staff are always very friendly, they don't have sour faces on them like a lot of shop staff around Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭SpodoKamodo

Got a filled roll in there a few times for lunch (the one in grand canal square). The rolls were always the leftover bageuttes from the day before. Over priced too. Needless to say haven't been back.

Advertisement