Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21st Birthday Present for Ex???

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Ok this might be an unusual one.My self and the Ex broke up about a year ago but we are still on good terms even though we dont see each other very often,we are still good friends.

My Question is -her 21st is next month and I'm not sure exactly what I should do?I was thinking of just sending a card but because its a big birthday I thought I should mark it with some kind of significent gift.I was thinking Jewellery.She isn't having a party or anything big.

I was thinking a ring with maybe her birthstone in it,it wouldn't be that expensive or anything,just thought it would be a good idea to mark the occasion.

Is it normal to get you're ex a birthday present?:confused:

If so should I get it engraved from me,or maybe just the date?

I know that jewellery has a romantic aura about it,but its not like that at all,from what I know shes not seeing anybody if she was I wouldn't want to intrude.I just want her to have something that she might say 'Oh yeah I got that when I was 21' kinda thing.A keepsake.

Anywho you're input would be appreciated guys!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mactheknife

If the ex is still a friend then why not get them a present but just something like a CD, especially as it does not appear as though there is a party or such. But just get what you would get any other friend. Its irrelevent that she is an ex.
    As for jewelery, you must be joking (or still into her) . Stay away from Jewelery...........i'm sure her new bf will get her that. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nastyp100

Maybe your right about the jewellery.

I should have mentioned though we broke up because I had to move to glasgow last year,so I guess I want to give her something to remember me by too.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

bottle of champagne? maybe with a personalised label? I'd definitely stay well away from jewellery ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

bottle of champagne? maybe with a personalised label? I'd definitely stay well away from jewellery ;)

Have to agree. And nothing personal. Wether it be jewlery or chamapagne labels - nothing personal.

Advertisement