Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom new user advice

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I recently purchased a Tomtom GO730 with western and central europe 2GB maps and done all the updates. Can anyone recommend and useful websites/software/maps/ poi etc that i can get for it.

Any advice and tips greatly Appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

guydub wrote: »
    I recently purchased a Tomtom GO730 with western and central europe 2GB maps and done all the updates. Can anyone recommend and useful websites/software/maps/ poi etc that i can get for it.

Download Tom Tom Home and search through the POI's on the main page, you can pick up some good ones liek Garda Zone's etc,

You can also get some new voices on Tom Tom Home too!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭pmsurveys

guydub wrote: »

Google how to transfer myplaces from google earth into your Tomtom. It means you can use google earths search facility to list POI's and then transfer them to your Tomtom. Takes a bit of time to get GE myplaces bit working the way you want but when you do its great. For example search for free hotspots add them to myplaces then use poiedit to create your tomtom file and upload it. Done

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭guydub

thanks for the good advice so far

any other interesting sites or programs for Ireland

Advertisement