Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Did I just get ripped off for an extra €10 by applying online??

Options
  • 23-01-2009 1:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

OK, so just applied online to CAO - put in credit card details for €45, etc.

But what I didn't realise is that Page 3 & 4 aren't actually there when you apply online.

There's a box for "Extra Information" but it only allows 1000 characters - not words, but characters. Whereas a Personal Statement can be 600 words (and you bloody need every one of them I've discovered).

So I don't panic - I have a hard copy of the form (thank God) - I just print out my Personal Statement, fill in Page 3 & 4, put ONLINE AMENDED APPLICATION and my application number on it and....

Then I notice that in the FAQ it says "There is an Administration Fee of €10 for this service".

Wha???

So I have to go down to the Bank and get a Giro for a tenner just cos to get Page 3 and 4 in???

Did I do something wrong and Page 3 and 4 were online all the time?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

?

Did you apply and forget to tick Mature Student Application, and click complete?

When I was applying I just put in the boxes 'Personal statement will be sent by post', 'CV will be sent by post' etc.

Must have been some error on your part and you'll have to pay the extra money I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

That's exactly what I put in too: personal statment will be sent by Post.

But you have to include €10 to do this, do you not?

EDITED: I just rang them to clarify - since I ticked the Mature Student box, I don't have to pay €10 when posting Page 3 & 4.

If I hadn't ticked it, then yep, it would have cost me.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah, I did this last year so I knew the score but always best checking! Crisis averted! :)

Advertisement