Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOW2 Horde

• 23-01-2009 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

Has anyone finished Horde mode in GOW2, right up to level 50.
    Best i can manage at the moment is level 35, with random dudes..

any advice would be good, apart from "get shields", "find choke points" and "revive all team mates asap"

SM

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Team work. its vital. make sure everyone has a headset and talk to one another. Avoid splitting up too far apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭ciano1

Private match...On casual...With friends...Achievement unlocked! :p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Have you gotten to Level 50 yet Faceman?? I've been playing it for fun and I got to level 35 a while ago. But I would like to get the 50 some time soon...........

Screaming Monkey, you should send me a friend request on Live and we'll try to get 5 decent players together some evening and we'll go for the 50.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Remember that you don't need to restart from level 1 again each time, just restart from a level that should probably be a couple below whatever you last highest was so that you can get a couple of practice rounds in first. I seem to remember that each level with a number 7 in it seemed to be the hardest ones for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jfrmbray

yup just play a private match with friends on casual,on either tyro station,river or jacinto.........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

Or security, also a good one. Theres a perfect spot up on the walkway in hail as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Yeah........... Security is a good level to do it on, if you lock yourself behind the lasers. I also found River to be good for it too. You just need to all group up in one of the houses beside the bridge, and hold your ground there.

So would anyone be up for a shot at the 50?? Maybe some evening this week, or next weekend. I have an ok internet connection, and we could start at level 30. It's definitely doable!!

If anyone wants to do it........... add me......... SteveDPirate, and we can use this thread to arrange a time. Might take about an hour and 30 mins to do the 20 levels.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Think it may have been Day One when I got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Yeah........... Security is a good level to do it on, if you lock yourself behind the lasers. I also found River to be good for it too. You just need to all group up in one of the houses beside the bridge, and hold your ground there.

So would anyone be up for a shot at the 50?? Maybe some evening this week, or next weekend. I have an ok internet connection, and we could start at level 30. It's definitely doable!!

If anyone wants to do it........... add me......... SteveDPirate, and we can use this thread to arrange a time. Might take about an hour and 30 mins to do the 20 levels.

I'd be on for it some evening this week!

I got up to level 25 ish i think with randomers online, that was my 1st time playing it, didnt go back to it since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Beat it on a couple of maps on casual with me and my housemate playing on the one xbox, it's pretty handy, the x7th waves are hard at the start but once you get shields your home free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'd be up for this. Post here beforehand so we can arrange a time.

How about tomorrow at 8? We can start from the parties lowest level (mine's 35/36 i think)

Would play today/tonight either - Gamertag: Alkers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

I'd be on for giving it a go alright. Only ever played with randomers and got to level 19 or 20 I think with them so would be interested in some Team Work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

I'll play too for sure. Haven't played GOW in a bit but I fancy my chances. Any time I played horde it was with people who didn't communicate and went off Rambo style. You all know how that turns out!

I'll be on for a go at Horde tonight if anyone is on.

I'll add ye're tags when i get home anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Hornswoggle

Yeah, only got to level 37 on this but would be up for a game to get the achievement :pac:

I'll be online tonight

ST1GGIE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

possibly tomorrow night if anyone's up for it.

Gamertag: doctor6

duploelabs - Gamertag: doctor6
    ST1GGIE - Gamertag: ST1GGIE
    CKWPORT - Gamertag: The Batman IRL
    DirkVoodoo - Gamertag: P1992
    djkeogh - Gamertag: Pvt Keogh
    Simona1986 - Gamertag: Alkers
    Q_Ball - Gamertag: PurebredDnA

Cool, if some of you do it tonight I hope you wont mind repeating the feat tomorrow for those of us who cant make it! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I'll be on tonight around 22.30. Tag in sig.

Just a reminder that this is still going ahead if people are interested. If anyone else wants to join in just add me as a friend and we'll organise a party.

• Advertisement

your on my friends list already, but i wont be able to make it tonight anyways.

Have a good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

I'm on for Horde if you guys want to add me my tag is:

maceocc2

wont be on for a while though as just got the RRoD the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tag is in sig but I do believe I'm working tonight but another night fo'sho.

I'm not one for the heaset tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Yeah sorry guys, I'm having a busy week, but if I'm online at all and you see me and feel like a game then I am more than up for it. Just don't think I can be planning anything in advance yet, might not be able to an arranged time.

If your looking form someone to make up the numbers I'm up for a bit of Locust bashing tonight as it's been a while since I went at them with my chainsaw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Havent tried horde. Havent played GOW2 since I cleared it. But if you want to constantly revive someone for a few levels till they get the hang of it again, I'll join. Gamertag is in me aul sig down there \/ Should be on after the united game. Bout half 9 or 10 till 12.30/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

My xbox live has gone belly up. Cant sign in. So wont be happening for me tonight fellas. Sorry.

Housemates watching film so can't get on the TV. Hopefully tomorrow, I added the gamertags from the list above

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

In horde, can you only play the level the lowest guy has, ie you have 35 but he only has 7, does that mean that every one in the game has to start at 7?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Nope. You can start from the highest one in the group if you wish.

Advertisement