Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOW2 Horde

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Xbox red ringed on me the other night while playing Horde so that's me out of commission now for a few weeks. What a pain

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

bucks73 wrote: »
    Nope. You can start from the highest one in the group if you wish.

But the person who had only got up to level 7 would have to go back through and do the missing levels that they hadn't done to get the achievement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

I will be on after 8 this evening if ye are having a game of horde.

I think River or the snow level (cant remember its name) are probably the best levels for it...

I am up around level 27 i think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭RaoulDukeHST

I might see you guys online this evening!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Thanks lads, gamer tag is NiallC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Q_Ball wrote: »
    duploelabs - Gamertag: doctor6
    ST1GGIE - Gamertag: ST1GGIE
    CKWPORT - Gamertag: The Batman IRL
    DirkVoodoo - Gamertag: P1992
    djkeogh - Gamertag: Pvt Keogh
    Simona1986 - Gamertag: Alkers
    Q_Ball - Gamertag: PurebredDnA

Cool, if some of you do it tonight I hope you wont mind repeating the feat tomorrow for those of us who cant make it! :D

all added, maybe if everyone would put boards.ie in their profile would make it easier to recognise everyone?

gamertag: doctor6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Count me in! Gamertag: CieplyMarian

• Me too: Mikeh500500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

me too, gamertag:JesusBeater
    Have gotten up to 35 so far reckon have a good team can go all the way on river easily

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Good call; will ad boards.ie to profile later. Played Bloodbank last night with three players and we got to level 20 last night on hardcore. 30 to go!

I reckon on normal in private server four of us could do it no bother. GT in sig. Will add some more names later.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

how do I play the combustible or flashback maps on horde? Is it like the other maps and come up at random?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

silvine wrote: »
    Played Bloodbank last night with three players and we got to level 20 last night on hardcore. 30 to go!

I thought we were playing on Normal...? If it was Hardcore, we are truly awesome!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Got to 15 without breaking a sweat... Got Disconnected.
    Got to 25 without breaking a sweat... Got Disconnected.

I can only presume I'll get to 35 next time :)

Both times were with randomers, although I knew one guy on the second team, dashing fellow that he is!!

Horde is excellent, just superb gaming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭IIIAcHmEdIII

me and my friend set up a camping spot on security where the laser fence is open it and run like hell and now we r on lvl 49 we got it saved at there and if u can i recomend gettin about 4 shields and blocking off both the sides then u only got to worry abouts thats in front of u:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Was playing there, it really sucks on public, can't get a good game going. Private is the way to go but my friendslist is mainly made up of people from Halo2 and what not, hard to get a good horde going.

I'm going to host a private game now, gamertag Alkers if anyone wants to join.

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

Simona1986 wrote: »
    I'm going to host a private game now, gamertag Alkers if anyone wants to join.

Ah.......... if I had've seen this earlier I definitely would've been on with you. I'll add you next time I'm on. Would like to get a group of nice people together to work towards the 50.

Just hitting the sack now, got from 34 to 50 on normal on river. Good laugh, gets insane for one or two levels where you can't even see.

Yeah was feckin crazy alright, have to say was bloody good game, we started a few times in late 40 lvls and got tru with hardly any ammo.And I have to say was great to play with some Irish people instead of rapping yanks or miserable brits.Sorry didn't have mike on till the end, the wife was on the laptop in the same room and I always feel like a lunatic when I'm talkin and she's in the same room looking at me like I've finally snapped...this is Jesusbeater by the way.
    Must do it again ladsmaybe next time on insane!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shaneraff

did all 50 a while back-
    Day one is the best map i found, the spot above the arcade with the stairs leading to it,(u know shields grenades etc blocking it)

From wave 40 on the enemies are so tough it laughable-but in a good way;)

ps teamwork is ESSENTIAL, plain madness otherwise

• Advertisement

Yeah, great game last night. I completely blame my dying all the time on the fact that I was trying to simultaniously negotiate nursury design with an 8-month pregnant girlfriend.
    That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!

Doctor6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Meatwad wrote: »
    Sorry didn't have mike on till the end, the wife was on the laptop in the same room and I always feel like a lunatic when I'm talkin and she's in the same room looking at me like I've finally snapped...

Thats the same as me! The gf was playing proffessor layton while we were on river last night and I was trying to help her while fending off the bloodhounds! It was good craic though, even if it was mostly four of us per wave *ahem*doctor6*ahem*...at least you have a good excuse :p;)

I'm PurebredDnA btw.

HEY! I was providing a useful points source by...ehem...letting you guys revive me all the time, besides I'm pretty sure I got more kills then Alkers.;)
    Bleeding gutted though as we started on wave 34, a level I previuosly hadn't got to before, I didn't get the achievement as you need to complete all waves not just up to level 50. Crafty feckers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,116 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I think it is essential to have someone in the group who is "rubbish" and keeps dieing, keeps the rest of you on your toes. And if they do happen to die completely in that level then they can act as a lookout and tell you when the next baddie is about to come round the corner, and how bad a baddie it is.

That's my excuse anyway whenever I've been playing. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭smog

duploelabs wrote: »
    HEY! I was providing a useful points source by...ehem...letting you guys revive me all the time, besides I'm pretty sure I got more kills then Alkers.;)
    Bleeding gutted though as we started on wave 34, a level I previuosly hadn't got to before, I didn't get the achievement as you need to complete all waves not just up to level 50. Crafty feckers.

They will still all be marked as done. So now you just have to play 1-33. If you have say 1-10 done already you can start on 11 and simply have to work to 34 ;-)

Got mad in the latter waves to a point where there was nowhere to take cover where you could shoot the guys coming in the door! Got most of my points from reviving Doctor6. Give me a PM on here or live ("Alkers") anytime from now on and I should be able to play. Don't like going on if I don't know people I'm playing with, too frustrating.

Cool man, same goes for me any time I'm on feel free to invite me to a game even if I'min the middleof a public one,just give me a min and I'll jack it in if I'm playing with a bunch of strangers and it looks like its going nowhere quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Meatwad wrote: »
    Cool man, same goes for me any time I'm on feel free to invite me to a game even if I'min the middleof a public one,just give me a min and I'll jack it in if I'm playing with a bunch of strangers and it looks like its going nowhere quick.

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Who wants to play tonight @8pm?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

hosi wrote: »
    Who wants to play tonight @8pm?

Yup.............. I'm in. Add me SteveDPirate.

I've gotten to level 37 already, so hopefully we can start on level 30 or so. It'll save alot of time. I'll be on at 8. Probably be playing Fallout........... but I'd definitely be up for a good game of Horde :)

Advertisement