Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GOW2 Horde

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

cant, will be watching the match instead. might be on after

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭hosi

Yup.............. I'm in. Add me SteveDPirate.

Done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

I'll be on so if I'mon before ya just send me an olde invite.

OK. Which map is the best? Day One?

NOt too sure which is the best but my fav is definately the river.That was the map we got to 50 on the last time, the house is good for holding up in.Although Day one isn't bad either if you use the shields to block off acess to the roofs but it does get mental at the later stages and the boomers can target us all easy enough when we're so close together.
    Don't really mind though to be honest, since you're hosting its up to you dude, what ever one floats your boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭SteveDPirate

My vote would go for River.

But I don't mind as long as you have some sort of strategy for the level you've chosen. On the harder levels you can use shields to block the entrance, and have snipers upstairs. Everyone is well spaced out.

I'll be on shortly playing Fallout. Set up a party and we'll get this started!

OK. We'll take River and start at 8:15 (JesusBeater needs more time).

That was great guys. Very intense on the levels with multiples of 10 (eg 30, 40 and 50). But was worth it. Glad I got the achievement too.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks guys! Great game! :)

Good game alright, was getting some strange looks from the wife, only had dinner ready at 8.15 so was munching and playing at the same time.Must have a go again soon on a different level.
    Cheers lads.

• Advertisement

Meatwad wrote: »
    Good game alright, was getting some strange looks from the wife, only had dinner ready at 8.15 so was munching and playing at the same time.Must have a go again soon on a different level.
    Cheers lads.

Thats dedication for you!!!

Thanks again. I'd definitely be up for another game on a different level.:pac:

Sure, we can try on a different level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 443 ✭✭maceocc2

Anyone interested tonight at around 9????

If so add me: maceocc2

I might be on. But there's no point in playing unless you have 4 or 5 people. I'll add you later. Got to the 50 last night, but I'll still play for fun coz Horde is a great multiplayer mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

gonna play horde (and get that achievement) from about 7.30 this evening if anyone's up for it?

Doctor6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,868 ✭✭✭Alkers

Might be on a bit later, around 8: Alkers

I'll come on at around 8 as well and have an olde go as well dude just send me an invite.

anyone interested in a few games tonight?Myself and hosi are planning on getting the combustable pack achievements if any one is up for it I should be on around 9 or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Wucking Fanker

Playing Horde on public there the last while and getting fairly into it now. However, I can only get as far as level 15-17 cos everyone else keeps getting killed (that's my story! :D).

anyway, do I have to start from the first wave every time? I think I read somewhere in the thread that I don't have to, but just wondering if that's just for private games?

Just for private games unfortunately.Play most nights with some other boardies add me and we have a game some night and try and get to 50:)
    Tag is Jesusbeater

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

been on tonight looking for games on horde and others..not a bloody thing..
    I'm sitting here waiting for the stupid browser to find the last person but no joy.
    stupid game :mad:

Just thought I'd reignite this thread.

Played a bit of Horde with Mikeh500 and another Boardsie today. Tis still great fun, even though I've already gotten the 50.

If anyone is ever looking for players, you can give me a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

Played a bit of Horde with Mikeh500 and another Boardsie today. Tis still great fun, even though I've already gotten the 50.

yup, id be up for it, im around tonight gamertag: irenoice

think ive gotton to 27 or 28 not sure

• Count me in. Il be on after the footy ;D

same her will be on at some stage tonight.If any one got news maps fancy trying to get a good crowd together and have a go going all the way to 50 some stage
    Tag:JesusBeater.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭rg2007

Meatwad wrote: »
    same her will be on at some stage tonight.If any one got news maps fancy trying to get a good crowd together and have a go going all the way to 50 some stage
    Tag:JesusBeater.

cool, ive got flashback and snowblind, havent bothered with combustible yet, but river is prolly best for horde i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

That would be me.

Im pretty new to Gears so im pretty **** at it but if anyone wants to add me do. It takes ages to find people to play it with.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Corcs001

New to it too and pretty **** at it but add me if ya ever wanna game!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

I'll hopefully get online tonight at some stage and am still striving for Horde achievement so anyone interested add me! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

For reasons of a "some dirty muck savage knicked my copy of Gears 2 during the week" nature couldn't play tonight but got some adds there during the night so see you guys online at some stage!

Advertisement