Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with my computer!

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hello,
    I'm having issues with my laptop and was wondering if anyone could help. Recently, i think only when im online my laptop just freezes for no reason. I formatted it the other day and reinstalled all the drivers but its still a freezing so i think it could be down to hardware failure. Im not the most technologically minded person but I think it may have something to do with the wireless as im constantly having the hit repair and sometimes it turns itself off for no reason and then refused to turn back on until I reboot! Does this sound like it could be the problem or has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks!:P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

To me, it sounds like it could be either a physical hard-disk defect or else it's just that a program which you are running is corrupt and 'grabs' the CPU indefinately or something such that nothing else can use it.

What's the 'wireless'? - the wireless network card?

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭ITDept

Possibly Windows power management is switching off your wireless card after being idle for a few mins? If so, go to device manager (rt click my computer, manage), find your card and stop power management kicking in.

Or, if it's a faulty wireless card, you can get very cheap USB ones to replace it and that might solve the problem.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Try upgrading IE. i had the same problem on a users pc and this sorted it. Don't ask me why!

Advertisement