Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United v Tottenham Hotspur

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

United look pretty poor defensively tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

They really do pretty much fellate Tevez. He's playing well, but shut the hell up already.

Sad to see Fabio go off injured. He did really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The dirty cynical so and so.

Spurs don't look too bothered about scoring at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Hope we see Tosic....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

What a **** second half.

Christ, these two clowns spent five minutes building up this Tarrabt chap and the first thing he does is give the ball away.

Has anyone heard of this "genius" player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

yes tosic is coming on!

Yay tosic.

Tosic and Defoe coming on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭SlyRax

Tosic on soon

Christ, these two clowns spent five minutes building up this Tarrabt chap and the first thing he does is give the ball away.

Apparently he's good in Football manager :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Mgoraf wrote: »
    Hope we see Tosic....

About to come on...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

i know! build up worthy of messi for a guy ramos didn't give a squad number to, and who's making his first appearance of the season!

Whats the story with ronaldo

WTF? ronaldo goin straight down the tunnel.. i know he's prob pissed off with his performance but still..

He has some serious self esteem issues I think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

I thought he was limping slightly

Harpy wrote: »
    WTF? ronaldo goin straight down the tunnel.. i know he's prob pissed off with his performance but still..
    I think Dawson gave him a knock.

• Advertisement

Tosic got a nice whack there, welcome to the premiership

SlyRax wrote: »
    Tosic got a nice whack there, welcome to the premiership
    From first impressions, I'm not really sure how this guy is going to improve United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

From first impressions, I'm not really sure how this guy is going to improve United.

Jesus christ he is only on the pitch 5 mins !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Lol. Hoping that's a joke. At least give him 7 minutes :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I usually give players 5 minutes as well. Take him off alex.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Tevez really is class today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

hahaahahahaahah are you serious? He has been on the pitch about 10 mins.

Spurs playing the game like they are defending a lead. Whats that about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Raskolinov, i bet you thought Evra and Vidic were **** too then?

he's been on the pitch about ten minutes??

He looks stuffed lol

An File wrote: »
    Tevez really is class today.

No. Works hard, all the running in the world but his final ball has been pretty bad from what Ive seen.

• Advertisement

I think fergie should bring Ronaldo to a shrink or sell him. Spurs don't want to win this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

Pleat sounds like a feckin' teacher.

For a winger, he doesn't seem quick at all.

It doesn't help that he was getting muscled off the ball by the smallest player on the pitch (Giovani)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

spurs seem to actively be searching for the parts of the pitch with the least white shirts to pass the ball to...

Gutless from Spurs.

Harry was only paying lip service when he said he was going for this.

If i was a spurs fan and travelled all the way from London I'd be sick. What a disgrace.

One thing I can say about Tosic from what Ive seen in that match was he likes to pass the ball as opposed to going at players.

I suspect though that its because it was his first game and he didnt want to make a mistake by losing the ball.

He is also, very small and looks quite weak kinda like Ronaldo was when he first arrived.

Early days yet though. I hope he adds some bulk and starts running at players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Should've been a penalty in the last minute. Was a gutless performance alright but there's no point in overexerting when the FA is far from a priority. Felt the ref needed to come in harder on the Mancs though, they can be awfully cynical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Just saw Berbatov's goal there - fcukin superb imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Well that was a poor enough game. A case of getting through it really than anything but once again we gather more injuries. Fabio was playing well until he got injured, then Welbeck goes down. Eckersley held his own too. Good to see Tosic on even though he was nervous as hell.

We seemed to be in second gear all game but if you win at that pace then happy out. Berbatov took his goal brilliantly, thats 4 in 4 I think? Comparisons to Keane.. don't think so. Quadruple is still on and that's all that matters :)

• Advertisement

You my friend are an idiot, and here is why.

1) he was on the pitch at most ten minutes when you posted
    2) he had probably touched the ball two times when you posted.
    3) you question SAF and his scouts after you seeing him play for ten minutes
    4) it was his first f*cking game in England.
    5) it was his first f*cking game since the start of December.
    6) he has been at the club and training for only two weeks.
    7) he is only 21 I believe.
    8) United were cruising along / not playing well depending on how you want to look at it.

I could go on but I feel I made my point. Please read your posts before submitting them and ask yourself does what I am about to post make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

4 in 5 for berbs now - and he was pure class today imho.

Good to get a few debuts out of the way, fabio, Eckersley & Tosic - will get any nerves out of the way. But Fabio was very very impressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We seemed to be in second gear all game but if you win at that pace then happy out. Berbatov took his goal brilliantly, thats 4 in 4 I think? Comparisons to Keane.. don't think so. Quadruple is still on and that's all that matters :)

Quintuple (or however its said) surely. Dont forget bout the World Club Championship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

KevIRL wrote: »
    Quintuple (or however its said) surely. Dont forget bout the World Club Championship

Don't forget the Community Shield

What's the word for 6 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Pitch was a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Unearthly wrote: »
    Don't forget the Community Shield

What's the word for 6 :pac:

Hextuple I think....

Anyways don't think I've seen a side with less desire than that Spurs one today, well maybe the Spurs side of last week :pac:

Hopfully the knocks picked up today won't be much more than knocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

What a sh1t game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Good result. There was patches where United looked like the team that hammered Chelsea. Shame about more knocks though. Fabio, Ronaldo and Wellbeck now aswell. Hopefully none too serious. We're starting to suffer the "Newcastle curse".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Kold wrote: »
    Should've been a penalty in the last minute. Was a gutless performance alright but there's no point in overexerting when the FA is far from a priority. Felt the ref needed to come in harder on the Mancs though, they can be awfully cynical.
    LOL.

United looked like a bunch of arrogant tossers for the first 5 minutes and thank f**k we went behind. Otherwise it could have been later on in the game when Spurs scored and we would have had less time to come back.

Thankfully the lads began to wise up and it was a comfortable victory in the end. We are obviously far ahead of everyone else at the moment when we are missing four or five key players and still comfortably beat Spurs.

Sort out the bloody pitch though! We could have had 5 if wasn't like my field.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I thought we lost interest badly towards the end.

Also, some of the older more established and Portugese players don't look entirely interested in proceedings...

Advertisement