Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cao number

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭

hi all, i have a quick question.girlfriend has filled out the cao application form, but do not have her cao number, how does she go about getting one by 1st feb? (shes a mature student).
    cheers for advice in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

CAO number or it is exam number?

She gets her CAO number once she applies through the CAO (online anyway) and if it's her exam number (from the Leaving Cert) she'll need to contact her school or the State Examination Commission for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

thanks for quick reply.its her cao number shes asking about.
    so she applys with cao, include dat shes a mature student, and they process the application and send her out a cao number, is that the way?(sorry im so thick!)

I just looked at the first few pages of the online application...

You first fill out all your details- name, address etc. Read them carefully and make sure to tick all the boxes that apply to her (L.C., FETAC, 3rd Level, etc.) Don't forget mature student!

Then you pay and she'll be given a CAO number and will need to decide a password for her application.

Make sure she has all the relevant information she needs to send onto the CAO as they must receive it within 7 days! So CV, personal statement, references, certified copies of exam results etc.

Just a tip: I didn't bother putting my personal statement on the online form. I just sent it into the CAO office separate. They'll scan it in anyway and send it onto the college/uni. Otherwise it would not have fit.

Just go slow and read EVERYTHING carefully.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

cheers for that!
    shes the udder side of the world at the mo, so im passin on info via skype here!think shes covered most of it,its abit confusing aint it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Larianne wrote: »
    Make sure she has all the relevant information she needs to send onto the CAO as they must receive it within 7 days!
    Do you know what happens if you're late sending them in?

• Advertisement

I'm not too sure. I applied last year from Australia so I emailed saying they may be late and I got a reply saying no problem. But don't take that as gospel. Maybe email them and ask? How late are they?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm not too sure. I applied last year from Australia so I emailed saying they may be late and I got a reply saying no problem. But don't take that as gospel. Maybe email them and ask? How late are they?
    Well I applied online on the 16th and still haven't sent my personal statement in. :o I thought the 7 day thing was from the 1st of February.

I'll send it off on Monday, I'm sure it'll be okay.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Tells

I sent my CAO application via the post, received the little card to show that they did receive it but I didn't get a CAO number!!
    I should probably ring them..

Well I applied online on the 16th and still haven't sent my personal statement in. :o I thought the 7 day thing was from the 1st of February.

I'll send it off on Monday, I'm sure it'll be okay.

Yeah I sent mine a few days over the 7 day thing and got a card to say they received it. Should be fine.
    Tells wrote: »
    I sent my CAO application via the post, received the little card to show that they did receive it but I didn't get a CAO number!!
    I should probably ring them..

I'd say they'll send you out the info in due course along with your choices after the 1st February.

Advertisement