Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hiking/Mountain Boots

• 23-01-2009 2:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭

Was thinking of climbing Croagh Patrick in next few months, anyone know of any sites where I can buy good value/suitable boots for this?

I've tried ebay and great outdoors but not a great selection tbh.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

Have a look at www.mandmdirect.com

I've bought loads of them since Christmas and the have hiking boots from £20-60.

Delivery is £9.99 regardless of how much you order, and they have some great stuff really cheap.

Sizes are a bit hit and miss due to it being clearance stock.

Regatta have an outlet shop in The Outlet in Banbridge (10mins from Newry) where I'm sure I saw Karrimor boots for £15.

South of the border, Sportsworld, over Heatons in Charlestown SC (Finglas) had Karrimor and other hiking boots when I was in there before Christmas.

Otherwise try Millets. One in Blanch SC has a good range of footwear.

EDIT: Having climbed the Reek several times, make sure your boots have ankle support.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭golfball37

fdevine wrote: »
    Have a look at www.mandmdirect.com

I've bought loads of them since Christmas and the have hiking boots from £20-60.

Delivery is £9.99 regardless of how much you order, and they have some great stuff really cheap.

Sizes are a bit hit and miss due to it being clearance stock.

Regatta have an outlet shop in The Outlet in Banbridge (10mins from Newry) where I'm sure I saw Karrimor boots for £15.

South of the border, Sportsworld, over Heatons in Charlestown SC (Finglas) had Karrimor and other hiking boots when I was in there before Christmas.

Otherwise try Millets. One in Blanch SC has a good range of footwear.

EDIT: Having climbed the Reek several times, make sure your boots have ankle support.

Thx very much for that, its a great site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

golfball37 wrote: »
    Thx very much for that, its a great site.

It a bit too great...LOL. I've spent hundreds over the last few weeks.....some stuff I needed, most I didn't.

Advertisement