Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cattle weigher platform type

Options
  • 23-01-2009 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭

Hi
    I am thinking of buying a cattle weigher platform type that you put in the crush and gives a digital readout. Weighs one animal at a time.
    Has anyone any experience of working them / different types. where to buy etc.

I have a Hi Spec diet feeder complete with digital weigher could I buy a weigher without the digital screen and attach the one from the feeder ?

All comments advice welcome :

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mcflowers

O'Donovan's in cork do a scales....http://www.odonovaneng.ie/cattleweigh.php. From memory i think they run around €1500 but not sure.

Remember seeing a fella in the farmers journal few years back used his keenan to weight cattle in,he made up a cage for the bullock to stand in and had it hung from the back or side of his feeder

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

thetangler wrote: »
    I have a Hi Spec diet feeder complete with digital weigher could I buy a weigher without the digital screen and attach the one from the feeder ?

This sounds like a recipe for disaster and a money pit.

Advertisement