Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rigney Dolphin - Any Good ?

• 23-01-2009 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hi,

I have been offered an interview up in Rigney Dolphin, does anyone know what they are like to work for ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I had one business encounter with Frank Dolphin many years ago when the company was starting out and found him to be very professional. Based on that experience and from what I know of the man and the way he operated while chamber head honcho I'd have no hesitation in recommending the company as top notch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

hope the interview goes well, I knew an office manager up there she loved working for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 276 ✭✭swanvill

Rigney Dolphin the recruitment consultants I have found very poor.
    Speaking from a candidate's point of view, will contact you about a role, slow to return phone calls and do not update candidates on how the role/application is progressing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

as a recruitment agency I agree they aren't the greatest, but they do offer secretarial services

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭merlante

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    Hi,

I have been offered an interview up in Rigney Dolphin, does anyone know what they are like to work for ?

Thanks.

Depends on the job I'd say.

As for the call centre, as one of the most 'efficient' around, you're not going to get too many coffee breaks in there, and from what I hear, you work very hard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭well butty

Frank Dolphin is top class. Gives wonderful consideration to his staff. Worked there and AOL. Different outfit altogether

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭suirfire

Hi MassDeb8r I worked for Rigney and Dolphin is the job in the call center if so i hope you like working untill 12pm 7 days a week and sitting there for 9 hours a day saying the same thing listing to irate calls ?? if so and you can do this on the minimum wage then this is the right job for you lol give it a go you never know but the staff are a good laugh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

One of my mates is working in there atm for UPC. He said they used to be fairly easy going, but recently they have become alot more strict as to how long you take on calls etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

suirfire wrote: »
    Hi MassDeb8r I worked for Rigney and Dolphin is the job in the call center if so i hope you like working untill 12pm 7 days a week and sitting there for 9 hours a day saying the same thing listing to irate calls ?? if so and you can do this on the minimum wage then this is the right job for you lol give it a go you never know but the staff are a good laugh

Beats the dole though doesn't it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Beats the dole though doesn't it.

Aye, I've heard its a miserable place to work but a jobs a job at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 iipmm

as a recruitment agency they are the worst ever. never helpful and never ring back. the same goes for hartley people. absolutely useless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 269 ✭✭m3llowship

I've been working at RD for two years now. Part and Full Time. Part time at the moment cos I am back in College.

I work in the call centre area. It's not the greatest job in the world but the money I am on is decent and I never work past 9 in the evening.

It all depends on what campaign you work on. Mine finishes at 9. The biggest one works til midnight.

All in all, its not too bad a place to work, I've had way worse jobs. And as with all call centres, the staff are good fun.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Its call center work, some people love it others hate it....unless you've done it before nobody can tell you if you'll like it or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ainz

Hi OP,

Just wondering how you got on with the interview, i know it was a while back now but they are looking for people at the moment and i was thinking about applying.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭MassDeb8r

Hi Ainz,

I didn't take the job in the end mainly because they wanted me to work for several different companies...at the same time! I was offered another job which I took and am luckily still in!

Also did you know that they outsourced the National Consumer Agency too -- so every time you ring the NCA you get through to a call centre in Waterford and someone that could be handling NCA calls one minute and working for Meteor the next

Not my cup of tea thank you!

Call centre work is depressing anyway but I suppose in the current times it's better than nothing, just about.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Funfair

Delivered out there a good few times, found most of the staff a very friendly bunch and Eva the girl at front desk was always more then helpful.

My impression of the place was they all seemed to like what they were doing and looked a well run organisation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

MassDeb8r wrote: »
    Hi Ainz,

I didn't take the job in the end mainly because they wanted me to work for several different companies...at the same time! I was offered another job which I took and am luckily still in!

Also did you know that they outsourced the National Consumer Agency too -- so every time you ring the NCA you get through to a call centre in Waterford and someone that could be handling NCA calls one minute and working for Meteor the next

Not my cup of tea thank you!

Call centre work is depressing anyway but I suppose in the current times it's better than nothing, just about.

Its the same as any job - It is wat u make it. If you go in there with the impression its going to be terrible then guess what..... it is going to be terrible.
    Me personally ive worked there for the last 5 months in the upc sales department and its is my current job. From my experience it is a very well run business up there. Nice staff, friendly people and if your willing to work for it then the pay can be good.
    As regards NCA - there not the same staff as Meteor, totally seperate.
    Nothing worse than someone thinking there too good for any job :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Elbows22 wrote: »
    Nothing worse than someone thinking there too good for any job :cool:

He/She just got offered a better suited job for themselves. Why be nasty?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Elbows22

dayshah wrote: »
    He/She just got offered a better suited job for themselves. Why be nasty?

Not being nasty but why bad mouth a company that has taken on over 100 people in the last 4 months? Name one other place in Waterford thats done that... In this day and age anyone should be glad of any job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Not being nasty but why bad mouth a company that has taken on over 100 people in the last 4 months? Name one other place in Waterford thats done that... In this day and age anyone should be glad of any job

They took on a 100 probably cause 100 left :rolleyes: Its not unknown for call center's to be constantly recruiting.

My brother got a job out there and he left after about 2 weeks. He was told he would get 3 weeks training and he was put out on the floor on his own after 1. He said he didn't know what he was doing half the time it was so frustrating. He didn't think he was too good.

The one thing though about these places is the staff are nearly always really friendly. All young 18 - 25 year old's who would be very social. I know a few and they're all nice people.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

dazftw wrote: »
    They took on a 100 probably cause 100 left :rolleyes: Its not unknown for call center's to be constantly recruiting.

There is hardly anyone leaving those jobs these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭deisedevil

dazftw wrote: »

Are you talking about years ago? Haven't seen many people leaving any jobs in call centres or anywhere else for that matter these days. Attrition in call centres in Ireland doesn't even get discussed these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Yeah sorry I was talking to my girlfriend the other day and she said its not like it use to be. Years ago they would always be taking people on. I suppose things have gotten real bad now people aren't leaving.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

In this day and age anyone should be glad of any job

No they shouldn't. People shouldn't be forced to dress up like Osama bin Laden while children fire paintballs at you for a few dollars an hour. That's a job people do in the US, but I think people should be allowed have dignity and that the notion that people 'should be glad of any job' is a whole load of crap. Sure why don't we all prostitute ourselves, its a job, right?

I don't think call centre work many people's dream job. The OP had a bit of luck and was offered a better job, so rejected the Rigney Dolphin job. You really think they should have taken the worse job just so people don't think they consider themselves too good for call centre work.

Why begrudger someone for taking a better job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

In this day and age anyone should be glad of any job

I absolutely ****ing loath that phrase! Unemployment is teetering around 15%. That means that 85% of people considered able to work, are in employment. I see nothing lucky about that! In fact, you're merely unlucky to not have a job at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dayshah wrote: »
    Why begrudger someone for taking a better job?

Because he still works there :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I have an interview in the morning for them, any tips? Really need a job :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Is it an interview or assessment day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

kensutz wrote: »
    Is it an interview or assessment day?

I was told that I am going to be assessed about my computing skills and interviewd;) I know my way around a computer fairly well. Anyone know what to expect at all or any tips, I would be very grateful:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

Be customer focused and aim your answers at your ability to solve problems too.

Advertisement