Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What spring for a Well Skorpion

Options
  • 23-01-2009 3:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭

I have a Well Skorpion. I don't use it much because it's only firing around 200 - 210 fps. What sort of spring should I use to upgrade it to around 300 - 320 fps?

Will it take a normal AEG spring or do you need to get special ones for its tiny little gearbox?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

They should be packing 250+ fps.

Richie is great with aeps, saw him fix an mp7 from 200 to 270, so if you are near eirsoft he can fix it.

I had this problem yesterday too, 200 fps, fiddled with the hop and got back to 250.

They are very fiddly, and tiny, so they can lose 50 fps no bother when anything is out of place.

Take out the hop, dismantle it completely and very carefully put it back together, then fiddle with its setting a bit and set it to minimum hop.
    If you still get 200 fps you may well have a weak spring, they are aep springs, specific, but available afaik.

TBH though it shouldnt be that low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Cheers, I'll give fiddling with the hop a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

They use a much smaller AEP gearbox, springs are hard to come by, but there are a few available online. The MP7 also shares the same gearbox

As above though, you might be able to get it back up to a better fps without changing the spring at all, it's difficult to get 300fps or more out of an AEP due to it's compact design.

Edit: AirsoftExtreme have them, but they dont ship outside the US afaik: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=3647&zenid=1114ee1ce616c4207dfc9941368d1a3d

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

To be honest, it doesn't need to go over 300 fps, or even much above 250, I'd just like a respectible power out of it that would make it a viable sidearm, none of my pistols like the cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Could just be poor airseal.

They should be doin 250 as I said, I can only imagine it being the hop not seating correctly.

I'll be doing a few bits and pieces to my skorpion soon, trying to up the fps, I'll post up on it if I'm succesful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement