Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review of UFC 93

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Someone is looking for a reaction

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Balfe

I didn't write that. I did post in the talkbacks though.

But you were looking for hits for the site a week ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Balfe

Yes. I wrote THAT article.

Mainstream coverage of MMA in Ireland can only be a good thing though, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Cant......stop.......picking.......mistakes
    LHW over 205, michael bisbing, rua shogun.....ok thats all I caught

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

Cant......stop.......picking.......mistakes
    LHW over 205, michael bisbing, rua shogun.....ok thats all I caught

Yes, I spotted at least a dozen mistakes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

Balfe wrote: »
    Yes. I wrote THAT article.

Mainstream coverage of MMA in Ireland can only be a good thing though, right?

I enjoyed the article and I agree about mainstream coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 237 ✭✭stevemc01

Yeah I'm with you on this, dont really care about the typos or mistakes, when someone is genuinely trying to write something positive about the sport they should get our support.

Heaven knows we've had enough ignorance from Joe Duffy, his listeners, Mick Dowling and Barry McGuigan anytime he seems to comment on the sport lately to last us a lifetime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

What's with all the hate? That's a great, positive article.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Just be happy thats its being covered dudes! DAMN!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

stevemc01 wrote: »
    Heaven knows we've had enough ignorance from Barry McGuigan anytime he seems to comment on the sport lately.

Barry appears in one of Danas UFC 93 blogs and he doesn't really trash MMA at all. He compliments the fact that UFC put on big fights and fighters can't hide behind titles.

Barry appears in one of Danas UFC 93 blogs and he doesn't really trash MMA at all. He compliments the fact that UFC put on big fights and fighters can't hide behind titles.

He contradicted a lot of what he said LATER THAT DAY on Dana's blog too.

rovert wrote: »
    He contradicted a lot of what he said LATER THAT DAY on Dana's blog too.

Sorry man, that sentence is a little hard to understand.

Are you saying he appears on another one of Danas blogs and then does trash MMA, or are you saying that he gave a completely seperate interview later contradicting what he said in the blog?

Sorry man, that sentence is a little hard to understand.

Are you saying he appears on another one of Danas blogs and then does trash MMA, or are you saying that he gave a completely seperate interview later contradicting what he said in the blog?

He contradicted himself later the same day during his appearence on Liveline. He said one thing that morning to Dana and another to Joe Duffy.

Oh he was on that Joe Duffy piece?

Wasn't even bothered listening to it.

Might have to force myself to though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 robgordon

It's the best I've read on the night by far. One or two small things, but overall it reads very well and had a lot of info packed into it. Fair play to the writer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 robgordon

You weren't missing much. It really would've just annoyed you if you're heavily into MMA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

fair play to ya sherro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 SherroM

I wrote the article and just wanted to say thanks for the feedback - both positive and negative. I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of MMA, far from it, but I am a genuine fan and the piece was written with enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport. We really had to push to have the event covered on entertainment.ie so it’s great to actually see proof that there’s a place for it on the site

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭agardiner22

Leave them have there opinions, closed minds and tunnel vision is what they suffer from,
    Leave them stick to there 1 dimensional sport as long as we love it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

SherroM wrote: »
    I wrote the article and just wanted to say thanks for the feedback - both positive and negative. I don’t have an encyclopaedic knowledge of MMA, far from it, but I am a genuine fan and the piece was written with enthusiasm and appreciation for the sport. We really had to push to have the event covered on entertainment.ie so it’s great to actually see proof that there’s a place for it on the site
    good read. your film reviews are ususally decent enough as well. As for Gavin Burke...:rolleyes:

Leave them have there opinions, closed minds and tunnel vision is what they suffer from,
    Leave them stick to there 1 dimensional sport as long as we love it.

On a similar note this is a blog from the New York Times written in 2009:

http://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/the-disturbing-rise-of-ultimate-fighting/?scp=2&sq=mma&st=cse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

rovert wrote: »
    On a similar note this is a blog from the New York Times written in 2009:

http://theboard.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/01/22/the-disturbing-rise-of-ultimate-fighting/?scp=2&sq=mma&st=cse
    Theres some really good rebuttals in the comment section..

Theres some really good rebuttals in the comment section..

Absolutely, they'll be handy for the next arguement on Boards about it :P

Advertisement