Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA Injuries

• 23-01-2009 3:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Starting the thread because, recently my Girlfriends Brother got in to MMA from watching the Ultimate fighter series. And he wanted to start training with me. So I told him how much time, effort, dedication and respect he has to put in to the sport. Otherwise he could get seriously injured. To which he replayed that looks piss easy anyone can do that!! So against my advice and after 4 weeks of mid mma training, (He went to the pub straight after train&is in the pub most nights of the week). He wanted a fight, fight lasted 30sec had to be stopped because he ended up with a broken jaw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

1st time i heard of that in domestic mma, injuries happen..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

My sympathies to your friend. What show was this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

What gym is this and what show was it at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭siochain

what coach would allow that ??????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

siochain wrote: »
    what coach would allow that ??????
    An unqualified uncaring one or a one who figured thatd be the best way to get the "tough cage fighter" attitude out of him and show its not that easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

If I ever fight, it would be at least 2 years down the line and I'd make sure I have the techniques to defend myself and I'm a cardio beast. What happened there sounds wrong IMO.

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. All we have is a biased, anecdotal, unsubstantiated story on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

have i misunderstood something or was it a fight in a bar as opposed to a proprerly organised fight at a show?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭dave80

have i misunderstood something or was it a fight in a bar as opposed to a proprerly organised fight at a show?

ye i think thats wat the OP meant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭Karmafaerie

I've trained in multiple disciplins since I was 8.

I've broken nearly all my toes, every one of my fingers at least once.
    My nose 6 times, a few ribs, but the worst was when I tore my rotator cuff.
    Had me out for years.

It comes part and parcel.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I wouldn't be so quick to judge. All we have is a biased, anecdotal, unsubstantiated story on the internet.

Not to mention poorly written

dave80 wrote: »
    ye i think thats wat the OP meant

I am fairly sure this was a proper fight. The pub reference seems to relate to how unprepared the youngster was for the fight. Very unclear though

Unless more details are forthcoming, I think this thread should be deleted though, due to the troll-like nature of the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I picked it up as me man got a bit cocky and went into a pub and got the snot bet off him, could be wrong though.

Me twin brother has pins in his ankle from training a few years ago, the instructor slipped when he was doing some move on him and snapped his ankle, bright man lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Yeah I think he is trying to tell us his girlfriends brother got in a fight in a bar, and got his jaw broken...... how is this an MMA injury :confused: . Seems like a twats injury, if he went there looking for a fight he certainly got his deserved come-upins.

It wasn't a bar fight.

He said that after only 4 weeks of non serious trainng (he would go to the pub training) he wanted a fight, and got his jaw broken straight off.

I doubt it was a show, just wherever Hitman "does" MMA allows full contact sparring after 4 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 hitman119

It wasn't a bar fight.

He said that after only 4 weeks of non serious trainng (he would go to the pub training) he wanted a fight, and got his jaw broken straight off.

I doubt it was a show, just wherever Hitman "does" MMA allows full contact sparring after 4 weeks.

why don't you hop on a bus come up to Dublin and i'll give you a seminar on how we get ''done'' and i'll even give you a cookie when your finished. where do you train?

And yes a broken jaw is a MMA injury

If you two start another back and forth silly little arguement, imo, you should both get a ban

and more information on the incident hitman. Nobody here is quite sure what you were trying to say.

Was your friend fighting in a MMA ring/cage in Ireland and got his jaw broken in the course of the fight?

Can people please not enclose me in this.
    I no longer reply to a certain posters attacks.
    And haven't done so in a while.

I was replying to other posters.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 hitman119

Can people please not enclose me in this.
    I no longer reply to a certain posters attacks.
    And haven't done so in a while.

I was replying to other posters.:rolleyes:

Yeah you did!! and stop trying to act like you've done nothing because you have,

You never seem to answer my question, where do you train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

Are ye Serious

this is just an MMA thread on boards.ie, get a grip. If ye don't have something good to post, then don't post. Simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

hitman119 wrote: »
    Yeah you did!! and stop trying to act like you've done nothing because you have,

You never seem to answer my question, where do you train
    You didn't answer a single question about your made up story in the big font.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

why don't you hop on a bus come up to Dublin and i'll give you a seminar on how we get ''done'' and i'll even give you a cookie when your finished. where do you train?

When did this place turn into a schoolyard? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭kermitdfrog

Is hitman ever going to answer the questions and clarify the story?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

This thread is a waste of time and seems very fictitious to me. I wouldnt be sure if Hitman even read the other replys to this thread. It seems he/she is just interested in what karmafaerie says and replying to that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 trojan Fury

Fromvert wrote: »
    This thread is a waste of time and seems very fictitious to me. I wouldnt be sure if Hitman even read the other replys to this thread. It seems he/she is just interested in what karmafaerie says and replying to that.

This post is spot on
    To hell with this guy and his ''story'' lets just start a new thread.
    And get talking about all things MMA. And end this pointless bitching.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭cactus jack

am i the only one thinking back to TUF with tito & shamrock? for every few strides forward that mma makes there's always something silly to try **** up those strides. if a mod is watching this thread i think it's time to delete this thread.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable.

Banned from the forum. Take your tough guy routine over to Sherdog. Maybe someone over there will jump on a plane and meet ya for a scrap :rolleyes:

And anyone else who wants to threaten and harass other posters be warned that you'll also be banned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement