Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Madrid presedential elections

• 23-01-2009 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭

Perez seems to be the favourite atm. Apparently he has promised Kaka and Wenger. (An 80m deal in place to bring Kaka already)

And he'll appoint Zidane as the Youth Coach.

Michel siad they should start the elections now, which I agree with as there won't be much time for preparation for the new season if it's done in June/July. I hope they keep Ramos though....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I thought Baluda was favourite?

Interesting to see the candidtates tickets on who they will deliver. Hopefully Paul Ince and David Bentley.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Nope it's Perez now I think.

Didn't Perez promise Figo the last time... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Perez will win to " save " Madrid. Expect insane bids for Ronaldo, Fabregas etc etc in the summer and of course Kaka.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Smegball wrote: »
    Perez will win to " save " Madrid. Expect insane bids for Ronaldo, Fabregas etc etc in the summer and of course Kaka.
    Exactly - save them from consecutive league titles and return them to the "glory" of the Galacticos era.

As an Arsenal fan, I think a Perez victory will mean a summer of unfounded but highly irritating press speculation so I'd be for anyone bar him really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

gimmick wrote: »
    I thought Baluda was favourite?

Interesting to see the candidtates tickets on who they will deliver. Hopefully Paul Ince and David Bentley.

No Boluda is the vice-president/acting president. He said that he has no intention of running himself. Perez is getting all the press with rumours of a Zizou return in a coaching role and to perhaps to replace Mijatovic (about time!). There is also some muti-millionaire former head of Telefonica I think it is that is rumoured to be considering it but he is close friends with Perez so I am not sure how that will work out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Perez hasn't said a word about running for president, but he hasn't had to. Sid Lowe wrote a good article about this in The Guardian the other day...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2009/jan/21/florentino-perez-real-madrid-galactico

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

If perez get's it, expect him to deliver on at least one of Kaka, Ronaldo, Fabregas. However unsuccessful (in terms of silverware) his period was last time around, the man can get a deal done.

Suppossed to have financed the Figo deal personally last time, as it was the player he promised on his ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

Will be a annoying interesting summer to say the least!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

According to Sport, Florentino Pérez has prepared a list of players he wants to get rid of should he reclaim the presidency at Real Madrid:

Jerzy Dudek: Will not renew his contract, since he is blocking the progression of Jordi Codina from the youth team.

Michel Salgado: Almost left the team last season, and no longer has a place in the squad.

Fabio Cannavaro: Is 35 years old and wants to finish his career at Napoli. Will be allowed to leave.

Javier Saviola: Has two years left on his contract, but neither the club nor the player intend to see them out.

Marcelo: Has not impressed, and the club will seek a transfer.

Royston Drenthe: Has great potential, but needs to play more. The club will seek to loan him out.

Javi Garcia: The arrival of Lassana Diarra, along with his own indifferent performances, means that he is surplus to requirements.

Christoph Metzelder: Has played under Juande Ramos, but is yet to convince. His future will depend on who the coach is.

----
    I think most managers would want to get rid of most of them players tbh

Advertisement