Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC DNS issues.

Options
  • 23-01-2009 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭

hi ,i'm new to using network stuff and routers. never having trouble or issues before ,didn't really have to find out.

A problem I'm currently having is with DNS ,occasionally i loose the internet icon from the network icon in vista. even though i'm still online (view pages) ,vista shows I'm offline.
    i've ordered a new linksys router which was recommended here ,but on the off chance there is anything I can do.
    i've changed my dns on my router to automatically from provider. is there anything special about upc that i should know ?

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I would recommend using open dns if you are having trouble with your services dns. Its free and generally faster.

Sorry no link as am on mobile so google it!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I would recommend using open dns if you are having trouble with your services dns. Its free and generally faster.

Sorry no link as am on mobile so google it!

http://www.opendns.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

thanks for the info ,twas a fairly painless task:)
    fingers crossed that shuts windows up for a while:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

hey ,thanks very much for this info.
    no lags nothing since i changed to opendns:)

Advertisement